andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

An Unforgettable Trip to Seattle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Are you planning to go on a trip for about a week or just a few days? Well, I know an awesome place that you should definitely visit if you get the chance to. It’s Seattle!

Seattle is a beautiful city in Washington where many tourists visit every year. The reason being is their attraction towards wanting to see the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and the Gum wall where many people leave their mark behind. Kerry Park and Gas Park (picture attached below) is also other locations that people visit to see the city’s beauty.  

https://tclf.org/landscapes/gas-works-park

I had the chance to visit Seattle this winter break for a couple of days and it was a great trip because for the first time, I had actually felt like winter is here. There was never really a time where the weather in Los Angeles became as cold as it was in Seattle where you get to put on your gear of beanies, down jackets, gloves, and boots. But in Seattle, there was plenty of chances to do that since the weather there is always great, well for me. If you like the rain and cold weather, then this is definitely the place to visit during the winter times.

Food in Seattle is about the same price as it is in Los Angeles. One thing that you should try when you get there is the Pike Place Clam Chowder and their fish n’ chips. It was super delicious and worth the price. They also have a Starbucks Reserve in Seattle which is like a factory where you can order your drinks directly from the bar and you can also buy coffee beans, mugs, etc. to go as a souvenir. The first ever Starbucks store is also located in Seattle fairly close to Pike Place Market.

https://seattle.eater.com/maps/pike-place-market-where-to-eat-seattle

Christine Chen

UC Irvine '19

Christine is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UC Irvine. In her free time, she enjoys reading books, listening to business tech podcasts, running, and making people smile! :)