Tiesto Club Life College Invasion Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Tijs Michiel Verwest, also renowned DJ, Tiesto, concluded his epic Club Life College Invasion Tour at the Home Depot Stadium in Carson City on October 8th.  Dubbed as the greatest DJ in the world, Holland native, Tiesto used to want to be a soccer player but fell in love with electronic dance music and has been providing and spreading it as a movement for people of all ages everywhere. The closing performance in Carson featured 18-year-old DJ Porter Robinson as opener, Dada Life, Diplo and Tiesto as the closing act. Tiesto’s college tour is the largest dance tour to take place as he performed in 20 locations including Ontario, California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas and many more.

The average price for a Tiesto show is $58.10 and go up into the hundreds but fortunately for college students tickets were sold for the bargain price of $36. With an affordable ticket price 26,000 people excitedly came to see Tiesto perform at the Carson stadium making it the largest solo DJ gig in U.S history. People came dressed up in colorful, festive outfits running on adrenaline cheering Tiesto’s name in unison and with blazing lights, lit up images, fireworks, and blasting confetti the energy level of the crowd was incredible to say the least. According to Los Angeles Times Tiesto humbly stated, “It’s an insane life; how did this happen? I was a small DJ playing to 100 people at a club in Holland. Ten years later,
I’m playing in stadiums and arenas.” Tiesto also wished to conclude his college tour in Los Angeles above other places as he publicly announced, “L.A. has always been such a welcoming city to me and it’s been a while since I’ve played there, so to be able to finish off the college tour with such a great show is really special.”

In his interview with Ryan Seacrest, Tiesto claimed he still gets nervous before his performances and that he was especially anxious for the Los Angeles show due to the high expectations fans held for him. There were mixed reviews amongst the people in attendance as some students felt his performance was lacking compared to his other sets but most people felt it was worthwhile describing his epic 2-hour set as nothing short of “amazing”. And as for Tiesto he concluded the night tweeting, “Last night proved that dance music is the biggest genre in the world right now!!”

Amanda Kim

UC Irvine

Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.