Ten Fun Indoor Activities For A Rainy Day

It hardly ever rains in California, but when it does, here are ten fun, indoor activities to avoid the wet weather.

1. Watch a movie at home.

Cuddle up on the couch and watch your favorite movie, or if you want, try one you have never seen!

1. Make a delicious popcorn snack.

This can go right along with the movie or without.  Popcorn is a delicious snack for a rainy day!  Trader Joe’s has delicious herbs and spices pre-popped popcorn that is great for any occasion.

1. Listen to your favorite playlists.

Listen to your favorite music quietly with a delicious mug of your favorite hot drink or blast it out loud and have a dance party in your bedroom!

1. Bring out some board games and play with your roommates.

Traditional or not, there is nothing like a good board game to help you pass the time during a rainstorm.

1. Read a book.

When the rain comes falling, it is always a good idea to pull out a new book you have been wanting to read.  Cuddle up with a blanket and open to Chapter One!

1. If you have homework to do, make yourself a delicious snack.

Rain or shine, school is always a priority, so if you do not have time to do something recreational, then why not accompany your homework with a delicious, homemade snack!  Hint: brownies and cookies are always a good idea.

1. Make yourself a warm dinner.

Soup is one dinner that will keep you warm and toasty throughout the chilly night.  Add a delicious piece of garlic bread and you are ready to go!

1. Take a nice, warm shower.

Cleanse your body after a cold, wet day out and about.  You will feel refreshed and ready for a good night’s sleep.

1. Make yourself a warm cup of hot cocoa.

Be generous with the mug size, and also, there is nothing wrong with adding a (decently-sized) swirl of whipped cream to top it off.  Drink up!

1. Snuggle up with someone you love.

Whether it be a group of close friends, a significant other, or family, cuddle up under a blanket and enjoy the warmth of each other’s company.

Arts major at the University of California, Irvine