Spring Colorboard: Scalloped Edges and Floral Print

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Hey Collegiettes! We’re switching it up a bit this week by focusing on two fabulous details for spring: scalloped edges and floral prints. Let us know some of your favorite pieces from our boards under the comment section below! Sweet in Scallops by Megan

Following suit with the elegant qualities with spring are clothing pieces with scalloped edges. Embrace a simple yet chic look with scalloped edged shorts like these chiffon shorts in a fun French blue hue. If you’re looking to pair scalloped edges with another spring trend, try coupling the cream Luna tank with some colored denim. In the spirit of color, you can also brighten up any neutral look with this coral scalloped waist belt by BCBG. Looking for something a little more subtle? Try a few accessories with scalloped edges like these black and gold hair pins by Fritza or a light aqua Coach ring. The versatility of scalloped edges is sure to be a hit with pieces like the Kelley leather bag that is perfect for storing your essentials, and the scalloped flower earrings that can easily top off any look. With a few scalloped edged pieces in your wardrobe, you can put your best foot forward this for these last few days of spring and kick off the start of summer. Flirty Florals by Iman

With spring well on its way and summer right around the corner, there’s no better time to style some flirty and fun floral prints. Keep it simple and girly with a cute dress in a pretty color. If you do not desire a full-printed dress, this one is perfect; floral at the top and solid pink at the bottom. As the weather warms up, summer dresses are perfect for staying cool and fashionable at the same time. For the times when you have to look more professional (say, that summer internship maybe?) try a floral print blouse like this white and blue one from H&M. Layer a light cardigan or a structured blazer on top, and be the best looking intern in the office. Still uneasy about such a bold print? Go for a solid top and floral statement necklace instead. This pastel one from Forever 21 is bold enough to make a statement, but the pastel shades give it a subtler look. This floral peep-toe heel from asos.com is the perfect accessory for that summer wedding you have to attend. Style them with a solid colored dress, or channel your inner fashionista and mix and match prints with prints! Finally, if your summer consists of taking more classes (like me) you can still be fashion forward; carry you laptop and notebooks is this pretty floral design backpack from Target. And don’t lose track of time by trying this nature-inspired watch with a floral and bird design from SPROUT!

Jessica Enriquez (originally from San Diego) is living the life as a proud Anteater at the University of California, Irvine. This literary journalism major isn't your everyday California girl. Asides from the surf and the sun, Jess can be found enjoying trips to Disneyland, quoting Mean Girls, twittering/tumbling/pinning, napping everywhere, practicing with her dance team, and participating in a variety of affiliations on campus. Jess has found a home to express her online marketing skills and graphic design talents with the Her Campus branch at UCI. This year she will serve as one of the branch's co-correspondents/presidents. Jess dreams of a career in higher education or public relations, but wherever life takes her she'll continue to lead on with heart and passion.