Scott Yoshimoto is on the “Move” Towards Success

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Scott Yoshimoto, the founder of MOVeMEDIA Productions and upcoming recording star, is well on the way of a successful career. With his charisma in addition to passion and love towards music and videos, Scott has managed to start the popular YouTube.com channels, MOVeMEDIA Productions along with his own music YouTube channel, YoshiStyle3. MOVeMEDIA Productions was founded in 2006, when Scott was just a junior in high school. MOVeMEDIA Productions not only does video coverage at birthdays and weddings, it also includes short videos and music videos for independent artists. “It started as a fun hobby, but soon turned into my career goal,” Scott said about MOVeMEDIA Productions.

His “fun hobby” has brought in over 39,747 (and counting) subscribers due to its fun, yet sometimes-serious short films. One of the most popular video series includes My Own Show. My Own Show is his own original online musical video series, where he features his talented friends along with guest stars in short vignettes. Scott described that the participants “can take on different personalities and be whoever they want.” Not only do the participants can be whom they want to be, subscribers can suggest what they want to see in the videos. So far, they have five episodes, which feature Scott along with the talents of DANakaDAN, Joseph Vincent and Nessa Rica. 

I watched a little bit My Own Show and found it amusing because it takes everyday college student’s problems and put a new twist on it. For example, the first episode, “Can I Get Yo Number?” takes the fun of embarrassing moments and lies all in the hope of getting the cute girl’s number. It was highly entertaining and awesome to see the whole situation created by college students for college students.
Besides working on MOVeMEDIA Productions, Scott keeps busy with his recording career. He described his music and lyrics as “upbeat and fun.” As for the process and reactions, he does not ask that people to like it but rather to respect his art since it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with a song. “It’s not something that you can really just throw together, unless you’re one of those musical geniuses, but all I ask for is that you give it a chance, and you’ll probably like it,” Scott said.

Scott wrote and recorded his first song, “The Gift of Music,” during the Holiday 2009 Season. “The Gift of Music” is about the joy of the Christmas season for everyone to enjoy. Scott’s “gift of music” continues with his recordings of “Summer Romance” and “Cupid’s Day” for his upcoming album. His most ‘meaningful’ song (so far) is “My Own Show.” According to Scott, the message behind “My Own Show” is “doing things for yourself, not caring what other people have to say—run ‘your own show,’ your own way, and control your own life, like the writer of your own story.”
With that being said, Scott has been certainly running ‘his own show.’ For the future, he hopes to find a job in the television or film industry in addition to expanding MOVeMEDIA Productions by doing more work and releasing more of his own projects. As he continues to expand his skills and opportunities, Scott is well on fulfilling his goal of producing quality work that people will support and love.

Check out Scott’s work on:
http://www.youtube.com/user/YoshiStyle3

Scott is a rising YouTube.com star and performance artist.

Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.