This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Sam Sharvini ’16
Age: 19 years old
DOB: 29th of April
Major: Undeclared in the School of Physical Sciences Year: Second Year

Relationship Status: Taken
Hometown: Vancouver, Canada
Favorite Movie: Contact
Favorite Song: Kiss From a Rose – Seal
Favorite Book: Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku

What’s your favorite cuisine?

Seafood.

What’s your least favorite food?
I’ve never tried a food that I didn’t like. Everything I’ve ever tried, I liked. I’ve yet to find a food that I will try and not like.

What’s your favorite type of music?
Pretty diverse, pretty much everything. The stuff that really gets me going is dance and electronic music.

What’s your favorite place around UCI to go to?

Laguna Beach.

If you could be born in any other decade, which one would it be?

Definitely the 80s, not even a question.

What annoys you the most in a person?

Just someone that trash talks a lot. I can withstand a lot of stuff, even trash talking, it’s just when people persist that it’s annoying.

If you could be any celebrity, which one would it be?

I don’t know, I’ve always liked Tom Cruise.

What’s your favorite thing about being a student in UCI?

The convenience of being close to home.

What has been your best experience in UCI?
The first few weeks when I met all my friends and my group of friends started to form.

How did you and your girlfriend meet?
We met at a party and the first thing I thought was, “Oh, she’s pretty cute.” And I told my friend that. Then later I found that she told her friend the same thing that night.

What’s your favorite thing about her?

Her accent.

What’s the best date you’ve gone on?
A friend of mine invited me to a party in Santa Monica, at the Lexus Dealership. It was 5pm and the party started at 7pm, so I call up my girlfriend immediately and tell her about it and tell her to dress fancy because it was James Bond themed. When we got there was almost 8 and we found out it was really lame, it was one of those scam type of things. So we just leave the party and have dinner and walk around the pier. we drove through LA and went to get cupcakes from the Sprinkles ATM at around 1am and we spend an hour in my car talking. It was interesting because the party was lame so we just did our own stuff all night.

What are your future aspirations?
Lately I’ve been thinking of doing something to do with water. Maybe water engineering or some type of management. I’ve been thinking lately of trying to get an internship with OCWD or the Irvine Regional Water District. I think it’s important and it really interests me. Specially because Southern California is really dry and there’s going to be a high demand for it in the future. So someone needs to come up with a system that’s going to make it sustainable.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

I don’t know, that’s the beauty of it.

A Literary Journalism major in University of California Irvine. Thais was born in Brazil, where she lived until she turned 12, she then moved to Dubai, where she spent the rest of her high school years and learned how to speak English, ultimately finding her passion for writing. After graduation, she moved to Irvine, California hoping to pursue her dream and one day become a successful journalist.
...