This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Raymond Delacruz 

Major: Business Administration

Year: Senior 

Favorite Movie: Good Fellas

Hometown: Temecula, California

Relationship status: Single and happy

Campus Involvements: Phi Delta Theta, Kababayan, Life Coach for the UCI Counseling Center, Member of Liwanag, Peer Academic Advisor for the School of Business

Current song on repeat: “Red Lights” by Tiesto 

Do you like to cook? If so, what’s your favorite dish?

I do like to cook, but I’m not that good at it. I would say my favorite dish is chicken alfredo with garlic bread. 

Ideal date: To be honest, I’ve always wanted to go really big for a first date, although most girls would probably think it’s too romantic. I’d start with giving them their favorite flower. Then I’d go to a place where we could talk, so probably like a local café or coffee shop just to get to know them better. Then, I’d probably go to Disneyland and take them to that restaurant in Pirates of the Caribbean. Afterwards we could watch World of Color or the fireworks. I’d want to end with a gondola ride in Newport with a musician playing in the background. This is like, if I wanted to go all out for a first date. Finally, I would walk her to her doorstep and then… yeah :)

What do you find attractive in a girl? 

Someone who’s really open, loves deep conversations, and who could be themselves–their silly and goofy selves; someone who doesn’t have to hide behind a mask. 

Proudest accomplishment at UCI so far?

I’d say there are two. One was being named Homecoming Prince. Although I didn’t win it was a good experience. It not only made me see how far I’ve come from this super awkward, weird freshman who felt like he didn’t belong here, but it also made me realize how supportive this community is as a university. It allowed me to expose others to different things I’m involved in and highlight some orgs, clubs, and people that wouldn’t otherwise be recognized. It was a fun experience, especially with people on court. We all got really close really quickly. All the games were fun. My parents and little sister got to experience it with me. Even when I lost, I got texts and messages with support and I thought that was really cool. I would’ve never imagined I’d be elected homecoming court if you asked me.

The second is winning “Most Dedicated Team Captain” for Relay for Life last year. It meant a lot to me because last year was my 3rd year being team captain and it’s something I’m invested in. I’ve had everyone from my best friends to my grandparents and even people I don’t even know who are affiliated with me who have cancer. This was something I personally wanted to get involved in and make a difference. Being awarded last year just really meant a lot because of all the people who suffered through it and how much I’ve suffered through it. It is progress being made and I thought it was really cool I was being recognized for it but also, it motivated me to do more. We were able to raise a good amount and raise awareness and the fight never stops but it just motivates me even more.

What do you want to do before you graduate?

Finish my bucket list. Some of the things include: start a random pillow fight with strangers on campus, give out roses to girls in Valentine’s Day, ask a random person out on a coffee date, and dress up in a costume for all of my finals.

What do you see yourself doing in five years?

In five years, I hope to be graduating an MBA program from a good business school and hopefully entering in the nonprofit industry, ideally starting my own foundation or being part of one. Definitely after working three years I want to go to an MBA program and graduate.

What are you doing tonight?

I’ll be going to church. Then I have to work on two group presentations. I also have a fraternity event and possibly a boba date.

Lauren Umaguing is a 2nd Year student at University of California, Irvine majoring in Film and Media and working on a double major in Literary Journalism. She is currently the Social Media Director of the UCI HerCampus team and hopes to work in the entertainment business or write for a magazine in New York.
...