This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

A few months ago, I was hit with the ever-stressful request for good song recommendations. My friend Michael is set to complete his two-year mission trip to Taiwan this summer and he reached out to me in need of some jams to listen to in his free time. I’ll admit that it took some time to curate a playlist of great tunes for Michael–I take my job as a playlist curator all too seriously–but I’m always honored to share songs that I consider smashing. In the spirit of spreading chill music, I went to trusty ol’ Youtube to create a “Playlist for Michael.”

While there isn’t a particular theme to the playlist, I’ve picked songs which evoke what I’m calling “all-weather vibes.” These songs come from my own master playlist on Apple Music–a 50+ hour-in-length, somewhat random collection of songs I’ve liked at one point or another in the four years since the playlist’s conception. However, since Youtube is the most inclusive format for sharing the playlist, I transferred the all-weather vibes “Playlist for Michael” there. Whether you are laying in bed watching the rain fall down outside your window or driving with the windows down in the heat of summer, I hope you’ll find this playlist complements that mood.  

Michael, this one’s for you. *Hits lights. Cues music.*

Katie Freiberg

UC Irvine '21

A current junior, Katie is thrilled to be a member of the Her Campus community! In her spare time, she loves cooking vegan meals, skateboarding around campus, and FaceTiming her two dogs who live back home in the Bay Area. Katie is passionate about sustainability and environmental justice. She is proud to be a registered voter and encourages you to sign up too! https://registertovote.ca.gov/