Nadia Nguyen ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Nadia Nguyen
Year: 2013
Major: Biology, but soon switching into Psychology
Dorm/House: She used to live in Mesa Court, but now commutes from home
Relationship Status: In a loving relationship 
Hometown: Mission Viejo
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius 
Interests/Hobbies: Oovoo, waterpolo, eating, Disneyland! And anything Disney related!
Favorite movie?: ANASTASIA hands down—it’s a classic !

What are your plans after college? As of right now my plans are to hopefully get an MBA and eventually get married and have a family. 

Name the most thrilling thing you’ve ever done:Skydiving is the most thrilling and exhilarating thing I have ever done. I felt numb the entire time while falling out of the sky until my parachute opened. There was an amazing view on the way floating down. It was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had.

What’s one of your favorite memories at UCI? My most favorite memory at UCI was probably my first year when I dormed. I remember one night when I had to take my roommate to the hospital at 1 a.m .because she had a major laceration on her hand. Not the greatest night when we were actually experiencing it, but we look back on it and laugh now.  

What is your ideal first date? My ideal first date would probably be a homemade dinner and a movie. Keeping it simple is the best, especially when I’m trying to get to know someone.

What is the first thing you notice about a guy? I know this is super cliché, but I first notice his smile…then his arms! But most of all he has to be genuine and down to earth.

If you could travel anywhere around the world, where would it be? I’d love to travel to the Vatican City and go to ALL OF THE DISNEYLANDS IN THE WORLD!

What’s one thing you cannot live without?Fruit (seriously I’m a fruit hoarder). My family hates it when I eat all of the fruit in the house!

If you could have any magical powers what would it be? I would like to have powers that Jean Grey has from X-Men, and be able to manipulate things with my mind.

Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.