This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Karina Diaz 
Year: Third
Major: Public Health Science
Hometown: La Verne, CA

What attracted you to UCI?
I really liked the campus and it was closer to home so I could be near my family. They also had a really good reputation for all of the science programs.

Campus involvement?
I’m the president of Anteaters for Recycling and Conservation and a club member of Global Medical Training. I went to Panama for a week to volunteer with Global Medical Training and was able to help 100s of families with their medical care. I am also a member of Pi Beta Phi Sorority. 

Current song on repeat?
Samson by Regina Spektor

Top beauty product?
It’s a tie between my Urban Decay eyeliner and my Sephora lipsticks!

Guilty pleasures?
Chocolate. What girl doesn’t love chocolate?

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Greece! I’ve always wanted to go there. It’s so beautiful and it has such an amazing culture.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I see myself as a successful emergency room nurse with a family and maybe kids. 

Any professors that have stood out to you over the past few years?
My Public Health 1 professor Zuzanna Bic; she was very persistent in telling the class how to be healthy, but made it seem really easy. She made me want to tell others how to get healthy as well. 

Favorite spot on campus?
The huge tree in Aldrich Park. I love to sit on its roots.

Any weird habits?
I giggle whenever I get nervous, no matter the circumstance.

Random fact about yourself?
I love painting and art, but I wish I had more time to spend on it. 

Hello! I am a first year Psychology major at the University of California, Irvine. When I'm not busy writing for HerCampus I like to try out new Mexican restaurants, swim, and sleep.
...