Her Mondays: Marissa Tom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

I think I speak for all Collegiates when I say that Monday is probably the least likable day of the week. Monday marks the end of a fairytale weekend and signals the start of a long week of studying and working until the wee hours of the morning. It’s a day full of early morning alarms, boring classes, and tediously long to-do lists for the week. To put it plainly, Monday is a drag.

But who ever said you had to dress the part?

From my personal experience, I find that saving your coveted “Friday outfit” for Monday is beneficial. When you start the week off strong in your new peach maxi-skirt or your favorite pair of cognac leather boots, you’ll suddenly feel taller and more confident, ready to take the obstacles of the week ahead by storm. And, judging from the style of the UC Irvine students who pass by on Ring Road on Mondays, it’s clear that I’m not the only one who believes in donning your Monday Bests.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a new blog segment that documents some of the UCI fashion elite’s Monday outfits: Her Mondays.

Name: Marissa Tom
Year: Sophomore
Major: Psychology & Social Behavior
Spotted: At the ARC parking structure
What She’s Wearing: Coral top from Nordstrom, teal necklace, studded bracelets, and white shorts, all from Forever 21.
Describe Your Perfect Monday: “My perfect Monday would consist of me waking up well rested from a fun-filled weekend to go to my internship at the Undecided/Undeclared Advising office to assist as many students as possible. I would grab lunch with friends during my break, go to lectures, then have my weekly meet up with my mentors in The Edge Fellowship Ministry. After, I would go to the gym for a quick workout, get ready for my Monday night sorority meeting, Alpha Chi Omega, and walk over to the house with some sisters. After meeting, I would head straight over to dance practice at the ARC for my hip-hop team, MCIA. I would conclude the day by going out to grab a late night snack with teammates, then wind down by cuddling with a fluffy pillow and catching up with my roommates as we reminisce about our Monday.”

Jessica Enriquez (originally from San Diego) is living the life as a proud Anteater at the University of California, Irvine. This literary journalism major isn't your everyday California girl. Asides from the surf and the sun, Jess can be found enjoying trips to Disneyland, quoting Mean Girls, twittering/tumbling/pinning, napping everywhere, practicing with her dance team, and participating in a variety of affiliations on campus. Jess has found a home to express her online marketing skills and graphic design talents with the Her Campus branch at UCI. This year she will serve as one of the branch's co-correspondents/presidents. Jess dreams of a career in higher education or public relations, but wherever life takes her she'll continue to lead on with heart and passion.