Derick Flowers ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name:Derick Anthony Flowers
Year: 2nd Year
Major: Criminology
Dorm/House: Off campus apartments
Relationship Status: Single as of now 
Hometown: BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD, LA!!!
Astrological Sign: Aries 
Campus Involvement: Men’s Basketball, Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Favorite movie? Love and Basketball

What is the best part about being on the UCI men’s basketball team? The relationships you build with really cool people, and the fact that you can see yourself and those around you get better everyday. The best thing about it is that we get students out to watch us perform every night no matter what.

What are your plans after college? I plan to play professional basketball whether it be in the NBA or over seas. When basketball is all done I’d like to become a youth probation officer to give back to LA.

When you’re not on campus, what do you enjoy doing? Eating candy, playing Call of Duty or watching cartoon network.

What’s one of your favorite memories at UCI? When I joined the sickest brotherhoods on campus: one being my team and the other my fraternity (SAE).

What is your ideal first date? My ideal first date would have to be dinner and a movie and ice cream and (maybe) a goodnight kiss.

What is the first thing you notice about a girl? Her beautiful smile if I have never talked too her before, but personality matters too. Her scent plays a huge role, a girl has to smell really nice …

If you could travel anywhere around the world, where would it be? I love would travel to Haiti and help all the little kids; I’d definitely try to help everyone but the children the most—I love kids!

Any hidden talents? I can wiggle my ears like Alfalfa!

Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.