De-Stressing during the Final Weeks before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Are midterms finally over? Well, for the most part, they are. What are you going to do before finals start creeping up in a couple of weeks? Is it odd that you may have *gasp* free time? Well, Her Campus is here to give you some suggestions on what to do with the new, short free time.

Shop ‘til you drop!
 UCI is close by three spectacular malls: South Coast Plaza, Irvine Spectrum, and Fashion Island. Winter merchandise is already in.  I am sure that midterms kept you away from the mall, so treat yourself and hit the mall to bundle up on some winter clothes. Also, Black Friday is right around the corner, November 25, to save big for holiday gifts for friends and family or even yourself.  

Indulge in Some Good Food
The midterm diet of Cheetos, Red Bull, excess coffee and other unhealthy items is not the best for your body. So treat yourself to a home cook meal or gather some friends and head out to your favorite restaurant in the OC. The thought of not being rushed to eat will satisfy your taste buds and mind.

Sleep In
All-nighters take a drag on the body. Since midterms are over and you will not have to worry about staying up late to study or waking up early to study, so sleep in. After all the weather is getting colder and the cuddling with blankets is a great way to beat the coldness.

Spa Day
Whether that is getting your nails done, hair styled, facial or a massage, go ahead and book an appointment to de-stress from the soreness of being at a desk all day. Look on groupon.com or livingsocial.com to see if you can find deals on any spa packages in Irvine.

Dance the Night Away

Irvine may not be the number one party place, so head over to Newport or even Los Angeles to find an exciting place to party the night away. Staying until two in the morning at a club is much more fun than staying until two in the morning in the library.

Family Time
If you cannot wait until the holidays then head home for the weekend to catch up with family and friends. Since you do not have the pressure to study as much during the weekend, then you can spend some quality time with your loved ones.

Start Studying for Finals
This is for the inner overachiever of you, but start preparing for finals. Office hours will be less full, so the couple of weeks before finals are perfect to start asking about what to except for your final exam or paper. In addition, you will impress your Teacher Assistant or professor with your eagerness to succeed in the class.

There you have it collegiettes, some ways to relax before finals. How are you going to relax? You have to think fast before you have to start preparing for finals!

Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.