Components of the Perfect Disney Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Given that the Happiest Place on Earth is but a few short miles away from our campus, many Anteaters have Disneyland annual passports to take advantage of this fact. Here are a few of our favorite places and things to do.

The Sleeping Beauty castle is by far the most iconic landmark in Disneyland. Though topped with snow and twinkling lights for the holiday season, there’s something so fitting and right about the castle in its simple elegance. And here’s something we didn’t know till pretty recently: if you find the right doors, the inside of the castle is accessible and a visual, larger than life storytelling of Sleeping Beauty unfolds.

We suggest paying a visit to the delightful princesses of Disneyland. Their lovely demeanors and cheerful smiles are enough brighten up your day and the ability to interact with your favorite characters from your childhood is incredible.

The food at Disneyland is notoriously expensive, however we cannot help but indulge when the overwhelmingly heavenly scent of the famous churros wafting from the carts nearly knocks us out.

Though the huge renovation and expansion of Disney’s California Adventures isn’t set to open to the public officially until June 15th, take a ride on Mickey’s Fun Wheel and peek through the bars for a preview of all that’s going on over those mysterious walls.

A classic Disneyland ride, these colorfully printed teacups provide a wonderfully exhilarating and dizzy ride. Make sure not to eat too much of those churros beforehand because it can also be nausea-inducing.

Sometimes overlooked despite its size, the King Arthur Carousel sits majestically in the center of Fantasyland. Even more beautiful at night with its luminescence glittering in the dark, the carousel is also void of the usual scampering toddlers and bulky strollers, perfect for an evening ride to lull you to relaxation.

How could we leave California Adventure without watching World of Color, the most popular and recently released show? We often stand in awe as color and water meld seamlessly together to create towering fountains of light. Throw in some Disney songs and clips we all know and love and we get an absolutely flawless show.

And of course, what better way to end a perfect Disney day than with the viewing of the forever favorite firework show? We like to avoid crazy crowds and the dangers of stepping on small children by switching up our viewing spot. Instead of merging with the masses on Main St, we take to the other park and have an unobstructed view of the fireworks after watching the World of Color– from behind.

Have a magical day!

Jessica Enriquez (originally from San Diego) is living the life as a proud Anteater at the University of California, Irvine. This literary journalism major isn't your everyday California girl. Asides from the surf and the sun, Jess can be found enjoying trips to Disneyland, quoting Mean Girls, twittering/tumbling/pinning, napping everywhere, practicing with her dance team, and participating in a variety of affiliations on campus. Jess has found a home to express her online marketing skills and graphic design talents with the Her Campus branch at UCI. This year she will serve as one of the branch's co-correspondents/presidents. Jess dreams of a career in higher education or public relations, but wherever life takes her she'll continue to lead on with heart and passion.