Colin Fitzgibbon ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Colin Fitzgibbon
Year: 2nd Year
Major: Business Economics & Political Science
Hometown: Southern Orange County California
Relationship Status: Single 
Hobbies: Songwriting, playing/listening to music, surfing, eating great food, smiling. 
Favorite Band/Type of Music: Radiohead, The Beatles, John Mayer, Queen, Sublime… and pretty much any band that can change a frown to a smile or vice versa. And I REALLY like bands that make my bad dance moves come out. 

Favorite place on Campus: Under the willow tree in the park. 
(I know… such a hipster, but it is peaceful and the roots make nice reclining chairs.)

Most Memorable Moment at UCI: Watching my hard work as a Community Programmer for Middle Earth my freshmen year pay off as the talent show event I was in charge of had people lining up outside to try to get a seat in the already over-capacity audience.

Future Plans: I plan on going to law school for entertainment law; focusing on copyrights and contracts for musicians, while playing live music with local bands. This way music will always be a part of my life.

What you first notice in a girl: Her smile. A smile tells a lot about someone’s confidence and it makes them approachable. Plus I am a hygiene nut, so I like when I see a sparkle. 
What you look for in a girl: My perfect girl would have a great sense of humor, be happy with her life, enjoy music, be able to hold a conversation, like the beach, be cute, confident, and most importantly NICE. 

Best Date You’ve Been On: I planned a date for my high school sweetheart for our first anniversary to take the ferry to Catalina Island and eat dinner while watching the sunset.

…And the Worst: I was set up on a blind date with a girl who made cat, dog, and robot noises the entire time. It was kinda cute the first meow or two, but it got a little weird when she called the car next to us her cousin. 

Finally, One random fact about yourself:

The first time I was in a band that headlined a major venue was when I 13. Since then I have played most small venues in southern California and have played places ranging from small coffee shops in San Francisco to the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas. 

Nicole is currently a fourth year Public Health Policy major with a minor in Psychology and Social Behavior. She has been writing for HerCampus UC Irvine for over two years, editing for almost two. When she's not busy working closely with her co-editor and managing the writing staff of HC UCI, she spends a lot of time at Corona del Mar...or baking cookies. She is also an expert baby wrangler and works part time at the UCI Infant Toddler Center. Her true loves include the color pink and copious cups of coffee.
Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.