A Bag of Goodies and Giveaways from the College Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

This past weekend, the ladies from Her Campus at UC Irvine attended the first ever College Fashion Show held in Los Angeles. This three hour fashion celebration not only featured the latest fall fashion trends modeled by a diverse mix of college students, but it also provided a everyone with a goodie bag, snacks, and a variety of samples from sponsoring companies, including: StyleWatch, Maidenform, Kind, Boxed Water, SkinnyPOP, and lots more.

There were plenty of stations throughout the renovated Playa Studios, where the fashion show took place. In one corner, brand representatives from Samabazon, were handing out mini acai bowls with granola and bananas. In the opposite corner, Phhhoto app had set up a photo booth where we all took a series of instant moving pictures. Looking around, all you could see were people clad in a variety of trendy skirts, knit tops, dresses, laced-up boots, and leather jackets. Yet, there was one characteristic that they undeniably shared: on-fleek brows that were filled and highlighted by the makeup artists from the European Wax Center, who had set up a stand just along the grand entrance to the catwalk.

Throughout the fashion show, there were three main raffle items that were to be awarded to the best instagram pictures with the hashtag #CollegeFashionWeek and the item being raffled. These three items were from Drybar, Fitbit, and Rebecca Minkoff!

As I opened my very own bag, I found the October issue of StyleWatch magazine, Maidenform tights, popcorn, a couple Kind bars, chocolates from the candy bar, and plenty of coupons. It was definitely a memorable night filled with delicious treats and goodies!

Christine Chen

UC Irvine '19

Christine is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UC Irvine. In her free time, she enjoys reading books, listening to business tech podcasts, running, and making people smile! :)
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.