Alicia Costantino ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Alicia Costantino
Year: 4th
Major: Cognitive Psychology
Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii is where I was born and then I moved to New Jersey.
Relationship Status: In a relationship
Involvements: MCIA and Mint Year SPOP Staffer

Top 3 Human Celebrities?
Aw, so no Aladdin…then, Keegan Allen (Toby from Pretty Little Liars), Jeremy Jordan
(Jack Kelly from the Broadway show Newsies), and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Tom from
500 days of Summer).

If you could go on a date with one of them, what would you want to do?
I would choose Jeremy Jordan and we would go to Tokyo Disney Sea during
Christmastime. We would be drinking hot chocolate overlooking the ocean and he would
be serenading me with his beautiful, majestic voice.

What is your favorite TV show?
Hands down, it’s got to be Friends. One day I want to move to New York with my best
friends Lena and Lisa and find our very own Joey, Chandler, and Ross – dream life.

Most important thing you’ll take away from UCI?
Definitely the friendships that I’ve made in California. Especially after I move back to
New Jersey, the friendships I have made are probably going to be what helps me carry
through the next stages of my life – they’re irreplaceable.

What’s the toughest part about being an out of state student?
Feeling homesick. Especially being so far away from my mom, my sister, and my kitty.
With the time difference, it’s also made it difficult to talk to them and plane tickets are
expensive so I can’t go home often. Now, with the seasons changing, here in California
there’s just one steady season, but when the leaves are supposed to change and it’s
supposed to snow in the East Coast – those are the moments that remind me how much I
miss home.

Who is your role model and why?

My mom is my role model because she is the strongest and most independent person
I know. Without her support and love, I wouldn’t be where I am today. She’s my best
friend and I don’t know what I’d do without her.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Probably in New York with Lena and Lisa, as I mentioned earlier; but on a serious note, I
hope to be happily married and working with children as an Occupational Therapist.

Hidden talents?
I can touch my nose with my tongue and blow air out of my eye sockets.

Guilty pleasures?
I love watching interviews and gag reels from my favorite actors and TV shows. I
also love Broadway shows, I once watched Jersey Boys 42 times in one year, meaning
sometimes I’d watch the show twice in one day! Speaking of watching things more than
once, I never watch anything I love only once – I have to re-watch it at least two more
times.

What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?
I have no idea how to ride a bike and I have a phobia of dinosaurs and plants.
Lisa Hung

UC Irvine