This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

When Vaseline® was first created in 1859, its primary use was simply to aid in the healing of minor burns and cuts. Now, 150 years later, Vaseline® has hundreds of uses, many of which are health or beauty related. Here are ten ways to use that giant tub of petroleum jelly that has been sitting in your bathroom cabinet for months:

1. With cold weather (very) slowly, but surely creeping up on us here in Irvine, dry and chapped lips are not something to look forward to. Keep those soft and dewy summer lips all year long by using Vaseline® as a lip balm for chapped lips.

2. Help the scent of your perfume last longer by dabbing some Vaseline® on your perfume points before spraying the scent.

3. Apply a coat of Vaseline® on your feet every night, cover them with socks and wake up to soft and smooth feet – every morning! This really works!

4. For all those candle lovers out there—help the candle holders you splurge on last longer and rub Vaseline® on the inside of candle holders before placing the candle in. It stops the wax from sticking and doesn’t ruin the holder!

5. Tend to run out of makeup remover at the most inconvenient time? Use Vaseline® as a substitute for makeup remover. Dab some on a q-tip or cotton ball for a much easier and faster cleanse than soap and water.

6. Overdue for a haircut? Hide those split ends a little longer by applying a little Vaseline® to the ends of your hair.

7. Mix a little bit of lipstick with Vaseline® and dab on your cheeks as a cream blush!

8. Keep your skin smooth and moisturized by mixing Vaseline® with some sea salt to make a quick and easy exfoliating bath scrub.

9. Make flavored lip-gloss! Mix Vaseline® with Kool-Aid powder for a sweet tinted gloss. Or add a chocolate chip and melt in the microwave for chocolate flavored lip-gloss!

10. When doing your nails, apply Vaseline® to the skin around your nails before painting them. The Vaseline® prevents the polish from sticking to your skin, leaving you with a perfect manicure every time!

Bonus Tip: Busy college girls—keep a travel size tub of Vaseline® in your purse for on-the-go usage!