WHAT I’M OBSESSING OVER THIS FALL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Some of these things are overtly fall, some more subtle, and some are completely random things that I’m currently obsessed with this season and want to share with you all. 

1. Iced Chai Latte

I know I’m late to the game, but I just switched my usual matcha order to this and am so addicted. I’m drooling thinking about it right now. It gets me into the fall vibes and tastes so much better than a pumpkin spice latte in my opinion. I always get mine with oat milk (of course).

2. Mitski

I’ve always been a casual fan of Mitski, but her newest album, The Land is Inhospitable and So Are We, is so amazing. It’s been on repeat nonstop. It has the perfect vibes for walking to class with fall leaves all around you and also for crying in your room at night. This album made me such a Mitski fan and “My Love Mine All Mine” has been stuck in my head for weeks. (Sending prayers to my fellow fans who also weren’t able to get tickets for her tour—I’m so depressed.)

3. Ribbons

I’m seeing bows and ribbons everywhere on people in the most creative places — from tying them around their necks to using them as shoelaces, and it makes me so happy! I think it’s one of the cutest trends right now and can add so much to an outfit. Whether it’s to add a more feminine aspect to contrast other masculine elements in an outfit or it matches an outfit’s color scheme, ribbons make such a good accessory. I’m definitely trying to incorporate them more into my outfits, bags, and shoes!

4. Clinique Black Honey Lipstick

I’ve had this for years, but, every fall, my obsession for it reappears. The shade is perfect and so subtle, yet so impactful. I get so excited to put it on, and it makes me so confident. I recommend this to everyone. 

5. Colored Tights

This is a new discovery of mine this fall, and I’m so obsessed! Brightly colored or patterned tights can add so much to an outfit, especially in fall when you want to wear cute skirts but are worried about the cold. It can bring about the most interesting color combinations (green and blue are personally my favorites and go with the most), and outfits are so much more interesting when they’re unique and over-accessorized. It can also bring such a vintage feel reminiscent of the 60s or 70s, which I think is so cute and perfect for fall outfits.\

6. The New York Times Games

These are quite literally my favorite pastimes ever. They’re the perfect brain exercise when you’re bored or are like me and are just addicted to word/logic games. My favorites are Connections, Spelling Bee and Sudoku. I do warn everyone though that they’re highly addictive, but most of them aren’t time consuming at all and are just a fun little activity. I know I’ll continue to obsess over these for the rest of fall. 

I hope you enjoyed this list and it inspired you in any way or made you more invested in truly embracing the fall vibes!

Zoe Beck

UC Berkeley '27

Zoe is on the writing and design teams at Her Campus. She is currently an undecided major, but is considering being an English or Media Studies major and is interested in fashion as well. She loves reading, watching movies, and doing arts and crafts like crocheting and collaging.