Want to be a Lawyer? Attend the LSAC Law School Forum!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Interested in going into law after graduating? Well, we’ve found the perfect event for you! The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) will be hosting a Law School Forum in San Francisco on Friday, November 7 at the Marriott Marquis. Stop by to learn about the different opportunities across all fields of law, such as healthcare, technology, entertainment and more. This Forum will answer all your questions about pursuing a career in law.            

What makes the LSAC Law School Forums so remarkable is the fact that they offer the most comprehensive gathering of law schools from all over the nation. The event also has a workshop led by an actual member of the team that writes the LSAT—it really can’t get better than that. To get the most out of the Forums, be sure to preview the schedule and check out LSAC.org for more on what to expect.   

According to past Forums, over 95 percent of attendees find the information presented informative and 75 percent discover other schools that they had not previously considered applying to. It’s a win-win situation for all! Ninety percent of attendees visit at least one workshop, while 98.8 percent say they would recommend the Forums to a friend or family member.

Popular workshops include The Diversity Information Panel, About the LSAT and Financing A Legal Education. The LSAC Law School Forums and workshops offer an opportunity for attendees to ask questions directly to LSAC staff members, admission professionals, financial aid specialists, law school diversity directors and lawyers in a variety of fields and levels of experience.

Whether you know you want to be a lawyer or are just curious about law school and a career in law, you NEED to check the event out! To get you started on thinking about law school, be sure to take a look at this new infographic featuring law school statistics such as growth fields and ways to gain practical experience. Not sure what kind of law you’ll want to practice? Have some fun and take this new quiz on LSAC’s website to find out your law personality!

Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.