The Ultimate Workout Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

For many of us, going to the gym and getting in shape are at the top of our resolutions list for the New Year.  A good playlist can definitely give you that extra push to work out harder and for longer periods of time. That’s why we decided to create a list of our top treadmill tunes.

“Took the Night”- Chelley
This tune will get you going whether it’s on the elliptical or dance floor. The lyrics are sure to make anyone feel like the hottest person in the gym. It is perfect for motivating you to get that toned, head-turning body.

“Gucci Gucci”- Kreayshawn (Rock-It! Scientists Remix)
This track is great because of the hard bass and fast tempo. It will keep you at a good pace when working out and really get your heart pumping.

“Sexy and I Know It”-LMFAO (Mord Fustang Remix)
This song is perfect for working out—just look at the lyrics! Who doesn’t want to be sexy and know it? And listening to this track while at the gym is the best way to achieve that.

“Turbulence”- Steve Aoki & Laidback Luke
If you’re looking for a track to get you through the last 5 minutes of your workout, this is it. This is a hard pounding song that is sure to make you break a sweat.

“Toxic”- Britney Spears 
This song was when Britney was at her prime and will help you get into yours, too. It’s a track that is sure to make you feel sexy, confident, and ready to work out hard. If the song alone isn’t enough, look up the video on your Smartphone and get inspired by her hot body.

“The New Workout Plan”- Kanye West
This track has the word “workout” in its title, so of course it made it to our workout playlist. Kanye practically tells you how to get in shape. The song is upbeat with a varying tempo to make your workout interesting.

img source

Elizabeth is a senior majoring in American Studies with a concentration in consumer behavior at the University of California, Berkeley. You'll find her at the pool swimming with the Cal club water polo team or running through campus training for the next half marathon. In addition to an active lifestyle, Elizabeth loves to keep up to date with the latest tech trends and is always looking for a new recipe to try out! Elizabeth hopes to pursue a career in public relations and marketing after graduation.