THE ONLY FEEL-GOOD READING PLAYLIST YOU’LL EVER NEED

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

If you’re like me, reading books is hard. Maybe it’s because of your very, very low attention span or maybe it’s because you never have time to settle down with a good book. Either way, the task seems daunting, at least to me. I can’t imagine sitting still for that long, which may be a testament to the screen-heavy and chaotic world I usually live in. But this year, I’ve made it my goal to read more. And the best way I’ve learned to do that is by listening to feel-good reading music. So I made a playlist dedicated to exactly that. 

Here are 10 songs that will put you in a book-wormy mood and will keep you entranced in your book for at least two hours. 

1. “Delusion” by Michel Leah

2. “Love Me Back” by Bebe Stockwell

Found this baby on TikTok, and I can not tell you how fast I sprinted to my Spotify to find the full song. This song inspired my “feel good reading” playlist in the first place!

3. “All is Well” by Hans Williams

4. “Maine” by Noah Kahan

5. “Everywhere, Everything” by Noah Kahan

This is the same artist that sings “Stick Season,” which has become incredibly popular on TikTok. His music is exactly what you need to enter your read-by-the-fire, granola-girl era. 

6.“Lavender Girl” by Caamp

7. “Motel 6” by River Whyless

A little on the sadder side, this song puts you in a cozy, almost nostalgic mood for any book. It’ll help you transcend into the new fictional world you’re reading about, with a little more ease. 

8. “In the Morning” by The Ballroom Thieves

9. “Love & War in Your Twenties” by Jordy Searcy 

10. “Masks (Live)” by The Brook & The Bluff

There’s something about The Brook & The Bluff that just sends chills down my spine every time I listen to a song of theirs. If you like this song, go ahead and check out “Everything is Just a Mess” and “Pastels”!

Kiana Lee

UC Berkeley '23

Kiana is a senior at UC Berkeley, where she is currently studying cognitive science and health and wellness. Originally from San Jose, Kiana spends most of her free time in the pool, listening to music, or tending to her plant babies.