Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

MY TOP THREE FAVORITE HARRY STYLES OUTFITS OF ALL TIME

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

As the lights dim and the infamous rabbit appears on screen, Harry’s voice begins to echo around the concert stadium asserting, 

“Style is the answer to everything,

A fresh way to approach a dull or dangerous thing,

To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without it,

To do a dangerous thing with style is what I call art.”

Charles Bukowski – Style

In the past couple of years, Harry Styles has become notorious for pushing the boundaries of fashion, furthering the idea—particularly for men—that anyone can wear anything. Styles including electric, retro, genderfluid, and simultaneously classic fashion continue to dazzle at every step. 

My all-time favorite look was his cover for American Vogue December 2020, photographed by Tyler Mitchell and styled by Camilla Nickerson. On the cover, he sports a long lace pastel blue dress with black lace trim and a black jacket by Gucci. I feel like it was the perfect look for Vogue’s first man to appear solo on a cover and a great way to resurface conversation on toxic masculinity. 

After that, I love his Love On Tour concert outfit from November 28, 2021, at a concert in Long Island, NY. For this concert, he wore a custom Gucci look with a brassy gold sequin fringe vest, black wide-leg trousers, and black leather boots. In action, the fringe sparkled and flew behind him gorgeously, perfectly fitting his setlist and Long Island vibes. 

The last look to make the list is his final 2020 BRIT Awards yellow suit from Spring 2020 Marc Jacobs. He matched it with a lavender polka-a-dot blouse and purple tulle scarf. This look reminds me of the man in the yellow hat from my favorite childhood show, Curious George, and never fails to bring a smile to my face, firmly placing it within my top three Harry Styles outfits.

Jessica Chan

UC Berkeley '25

Jessica is a first year at UC Berkeley pursuing a major in Environmental Science and a minor in Journalism. Outside of class you'll probably find her listening to Taylor Swift, going to concerts, or dragging her friends to a museum.