Life > Experiences

MY FAVORITE TRADER JOE’S SWEET TREATS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

In college, getting a sweet treat after a long day of work, studying, midterms, or honestly for no reason is a rite of passage. I’m always a fan of sweet treats, but sometimes I don’t want to go through the hassle of leaving my home to get one. This is where Trader Joe’s comes in! Trader Joe’s is an affordable grocery store that you can find on College or University Avenue in Berkeley. I love to stock up on sweet treats that I can have in my apartment whenever I feel like celebrating. Here are some of my favorite Trader Joe’s sweets that you have to try the next time you go grocery shopping.

dark chocolate peanut butter cups

One of the easiest and best treats they have are their dark chocolate peanut butter cups. You can buy them in a tub or little baggies, so however you want to transport your treat, whether it’s on the go or at home, they have an option for you. The dark chocolate makes such a difference! It’s less in-your-face sweet, but still gives you the chocolate and peanut butter combo. These are a must-grab on your next trip to Trader Joe’s.

Way More Chocolatey Chip Cookies

Another great sweet treat is their “Way More Chocolatey Chip Cookies.” I’m a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies, and these mini cookies are so delicious. They’re similar to their “Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies,” but are more of a cookie and less thin. I could eat so many of these. They’re just the right size and have the right amount of chocolate chips, so you should definitely give them a try.

Sublime Ice Cream Sandwiches

On the topic of chocolate chip cookies, their “Sublime Ice Cream Sandwiches” might be my all-time favorite dessert from there. It’s two chocolate chip cookies sandwiched with vanilla ice cream and rolled in chocolate chips. If that doesn’t sound amazing, I don’t know what does. This decadent ice cream will make your night-in well worth it; it’s a must-have.

New York Deli Style Cheesecake

This next one is slightly controversial because some people aren’t fans of cheesecake, but their “New York Deli Style Cheesecake” will make you feel as though you have teleported to New York. It’s rich, creamy, and very accessible. You don’t have to pay a crazy price to get a slice of cheesecake from a local bakery. You can buy a whole cheesecake at Trader Joe’s without all the hassle of figuring out the best place to go!

mini ice cream cones

Lastly, their mini ice cream cones are such a nice thing to have in your freezer whenever you’re craving a sweet treat. They have them in so many different flavors like mint, vanilla, chocolate chip, and other seasonal flavors. They have a hard outer chocolate shell around the ice cream and are met with a little cone that is to die for. They’re the perfect bite-sized snack that should be in your freezer.

These are just a handful of their endless list of sweet treats, but these are the ones that are my favorite. I hope next time you make a trip to Trader Joe’s, you’ll add one of these items to your cart because you won’t regret it. It’s always a great idea to have a sweet treat lying around. You never know when you’ll want to celebrate!

Ellie Buss

UC Berkeley '26

Ellie is a Sophomore at the University of California, Berkeley double majoring in English and Media Studies. She is currently a staff-writer for the Berkeley chapter in the editorial department. Ellie has experience in media, film, public relations, and writing. She enjoys writing personal blogs and essays in her free time as well as articles about all things pop culture. After graduating, Ellie aspires to enter the media and communications industry where she can continue to share stories. When Ellie is not writing, she loves dancing, and is involved in three dance clubs on campus, listening to music, watching movies, spending time with friends and family, and eating ice cream.