Let’s Go to the Movies!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

This semester I’ve gone out of my comfort zone when it comes to my class schedule. I have always and probably will always consider myself a woman of science. However, this semester I signed up for a Political Science course not really knowing what I was getting myself into. Long story short I ended up loving the course and the long philosophical discussions that come with it. As part of the class, I had to watch Selma and She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry in theaters this past week. It is not really the type of movies I tend to watch at the cinema (I’m more a Marvel and Birdman type of girl). Yet, by the end of both movies I felt really touched and blessed for my life. So yes these movies may not mainstream but they tell a story that many of us have forgotten or take for granted. Sometimes we just have to remember how far we have come.

I'm a sophomore at UC Berkeley studying Cognitive Science and Computer Science. I enjoy hiking, eating, and movie watching.
Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.