FUN PLACES TO GO TO IN SAN FRANCISCO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

There are so many cool and beautiful places to explore in the historic and wondrous city of San Francisco. We should take the time to explore and relieve ourselves from our stress when we genuinely have the time, so why not spend it in the city with friends and loved ones? Here’s a list of cool and cute places to visit when the occasion presents itself.

If you’re an art fanatic, I recommend the Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco. There are various paintings, sculptures, photographs, and other art pieces. This modern art space is open Friday to Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with free admission to those under 18. However, it costs $19 for entry to those aged 19-24 and $25 for adults. Another cute area to go to is Chinatown. With delicious restaurants and adorable shops making up most of the site, it’s a delightful place to spend some time if you want an authentic experience of the culture. The third must-see place in the city is the Yerba Buena gardens if you want to have a great time surrounded by entertainment. There are many fun places to spend time in this place of recreation, such as museums, restaurants, and theaters! It’s open daily at 6 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m. 

The fantastic fourth place to visit is, hands down, the Palace of Fine arts. This stunning place is an aesthetic location to enjoy the scenery and take pictures. The roman decor and greek feel of the location make it a charming place to visit, and the best part is that it’s free. If you want to see an area of nature and greenery, I would immediately consider the Muir Woods National Monument. Near San Francisco in Mill Valley, it is a national park filled with redwood trees and is open every day with an admission of $15 for adults, while youth under 15 get free access. Another fun garden location is the Japanese Tea Garden. Located in San Francisco’s golden gate park and created in 1894, this magnificent and popular attraction features stone lanterns, native Japanese plants, a zen garden, and koi ponds. Admission is $14 from February to November and $12 from December to January, free for San Francisco residents.

A fun view and place to go with friends is the famous Golden Gate Bridge. Whether in the early morning, a lovely evening while the sun sets, or going on a late-night drive with fun music, it’s always a surreal experience going by the bridge and seeing the architecture and the immense number of cars and people that drive through the bridge. Taking in the fresh air and being with people you care about is an experience many should be able to partake in, so it’s a must-see on this list. The last tourist attraction I believe is also lovely is the San Francisco Botanical Garden. The nature and fantastic plants that thrive there are reasons to visit the garden, and the location is also in Golden Gate Park. It’s open from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. with an admission of $9 for adults and on the weekend $12. For youth, it costs $6, as well as for seniors.

Molly Peach-Laughing In Field
Molly Peach / Her Campus

Hopefully, this list helps those reading to decide on new places to explore or initiate a trip to San Francisco to view the city’s cool sites. Always enjoy the unique views and trips in different cities, and if you’re from the bay, I encourage you to take it in more and bring friends who might be new to the area if you’re familiar with it. It’s never too late to explore and have fun making new memories in the city.

Ana Gonzalez

UC Berkeley '26

An undergraduate at Berkeley studying English and intended ppl minor! I love to dance, hang with friends, enjoy photography and other fun activities:)