This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Do you want to spice up your room this fall season? Try these festive suggestions!

1). Fall candles:

At this time of the year, department stores set up huge displays of every fall scented candle imaginable, so everyone is sure to find their favorite scent. You can choose between a classic pumpkin spice, a sweet pecan pie, crisp apple cider, cinnamon spice or even one called “leaves” (not sure what leaves smell like, but what better time to find out than during fall!?)

Alisa Anton U_Z0X
Alisa Anton / Unsplash

2). Fall colored lights:

Hanging lights are probably my favorite decoration for any holiday and even all year round. Although every pinterest-inspired dorm room has fairy lights wrapped around the ceiling, you can make your room even more festive by putting up orange lights or even cute ones shaped like leaves.

3). Decorative pumpkins:

Pumpkin decorations are a fall staple, but carving and leaving real pumpkins around can be a bit of a hassle for college students living in a cramped dorm or apartment. That’s why decorative pumpkins of all colors and sizes are perfect to make your space feel like fall heaven.

4). Fall themed pillows:

Throw pillows are perfect for making a not-so-comfortable dorm bed more comfortable and cozy for a fall movie night marathon. Plus adding a pop of color for the holidays will make it feel more roomy and distract you from the never-ending midterm season grind! (seriously, I have an essay due on Halloween… )

The Lalagirl Lying On Her Bed
Her Campus Media

5). Fall mugs:

Although not technically a decoration, a cute mug with a fall themed saying quote on it can make your morning coffee or tea even more enjoyable and bring a more positive start to your day. This is also a great gift idea for all your Libra and Scorpio friends!

Alice Curran

UC Berkeley '22

Alice is a second year at UC Berkeley studying Global Studies. In her free time, she loves hiking, reading, drinking way too much coffee, and spending time with her family.
After three years at Cal, Brianna Brann graduated UC Berkeley in 2020 with a double major in Economics and Media Studies! She is originally from Santa Clarita in Southern California, but she loves the weather, nature, and people in the Bay Area. In addition to her unmatched passion for film and television, she also enjoys visiting the beach, playing with her dog, and hiking outdoors!