Wellness

5 STEPS TO ASSEMBLE THE PERFECT AÇAI BOWL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

We’ve all experienced this struggle – you’ve just woken up, you’re already running late for your 9 a.m. class, you run out the door with barely enough time for a cup of coffee, and then you find yourself halfway through the day wishing you’d had at least something to eat for breakfast. In my quest to find easy breakfast recipes that’ll give me the energy to get through the morning without being late to class, I returned to one of my old favorites: açai bowls!

Here’s my recipe for assembling a delicious açai bowl in only 10 minutes: 

Step 1: Sorbet

I use Sambazon’s Organic Açai Sorbet for all my smoothie bowls! It has the consistency of a dessert with all the health benefits of açai. I prefer sorbet to frozen smoothie packs because it doesn’t require the use of a blender or any other preparation. Simply scoop the sorbet into a bowl and get your toppings ready.

Step 2: Fruit

I add a generous amount of blueberries, dried goji berries, and bananas to the top of all my bowls, but it’s up to you what fruit to top your açai with! Other options include raspberries, mango, pineapple, or whatever else you have around.

Step 3: Chia seeds

Next, add a healthy spoonful of chia seeds to your bowl for an additional antioxidant boost! Chia seeds are a super-easy way to incorporate more nutrients into your diet while adding texture to your smoothie bowls. If you’re not the biggest fan of chia seeds, you could try adding some granola to help fill you up. 

Step 4: Coconut

A good source of antioxidants, fiber, protein, and iron, shredded coconut is another perfect addition to your açai bowl. Since the other ingredients are already so sweet, I prefer simply adding a handful of unsweetened coconut to the top of my bowl. 

Step 5: Honey

Lastly, drizzle some honey over the top, and you’re ready to go! If you’re really in a rush, all of this can also be assembled in Tupperware to bring along to your morning obligations. 

So, there you have it! If you’re in search of an easy breakfast that you can make in just 10 minutes, try out these simple steps to assemble an açai bowl that’s both delicious and Pinterest-worthy!

Sophia Stockton

UC Berkeley '24

Sophia is a junior at UC Berkeley, where she is currently studying sociology and psychology. Originally from San Diego, Sophia spends most of her free time at the beach, listening to music, cooking, or taking photos.