5 ARTISTS’ TOURS THAT HAVE GONE VIRAL IN 2023

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

2023 has been a year full of concerts. Many artists who were or are on tour this year have given the media something to talk about and possibly recreate. However, not all artists succeeded in receiving a great amount of attention, were not on the trending spotlight of Twitter (X), and were not being talked about as much in the media. 

The artists whose concerts have been trending are not only receiving a great deal of attention because of their well known names or the amount of fans they have. Their concerts are trending because of the hilarious moments that got turned into memes, dance challenges, and how far they went to make such a creative, artistic, and exhilarating show, with the help of a big talented crew.

Here are the five artists with the trendiest concerts that the media has been captivated by (in no particular order). 

1. Beyonce’s Renaissance World Tour

Beyonce is known to be one of the best and biggest performers in the world. She’s known for putting a lot of effort into her dance performances, her astonishing singing riffs, and much more. Beyonce’s Renaissance concert celebrates queer icons and black women which is largely responsible for its trendiness and popularity. The media fell in love with the theme being a disco afro-futuristic queer party. 

One of the biggest moments of the tour that social media has highlighted is when she brought out her daughter Blue Ivy to dance on stage for “My Power” and “My Black Parade.” The media fell head over heels for Blue Ivy’s performance. People started recreating the “My Power” choreography and posted it all over social media. Another takeaway from the Renaissance tour was the Look Around Everybody On Mute Challenge. When she sings this lyric from her song “Energy,” the crowd stays quiet until she sings the next lyric. Many people started recreating this challenge in classrooms, clubs, subways, buses, and more. 

2. Taylor Swift’s THE Eras World Tour

It’s no surprise that Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour trends every time she performs. Even when she’s on a break, her concerts still continue to reach the trending spotlight. The name of her tour says it all. It’s a concert that goes through her entire discography. Her set design follows the color palette, visual art, and costume designs of the album’s original era. Every album has had something viral attached to it. For instance, her album Red went along the lines of the Tumblr trend and brought out the iconic red lipstick and baggy t-shirts with black jeans and shorts. 

A big trend that goes on at the Eras concerts is that many attendees make friendship bracelets to trade with other attendees. Many people post videos of them passing their friendship bracelets out and even express different ideas of how to create the bracelets. One of the biggest reasons as to why the The Eras Tour trends is because Taylor Swift performs two different surprise songs each night. Many people express their reactions on social media that #Erastour reaches No. 1 on the trending page on each social platform everytime. 

3. Drake’s It’s All A Blur Tour with 21 Savage

Many might think that Drake’s tour is only trending because of how creative he got with his set design and the visual aspects of it. The attendees who have gone to his concert shared many videos of the way it looked. For instance, he had a massive statue of the late fashion designer Virgil Abloh throwing a paper airplane. He also had a sperm hologram floating over the stage while performing “Child’s Play.” Drake also performed sitting next to a teenager who looked exactly like him when he was young using deepfake technology. 

What drew attention towards the It’s All A Blur Tour is the humorous side that Drake displayed. At every stop, Drake had all his female attendees throw their bras on the stage and would pick the largest size as the winner. Many found this to be hilarious because of the way Drake continues the joke. A good amount of attendees have posted videos of Drake having the time of his life on stage and some of the videos have turned into memes. There is one video of him taking a shot and making a weird face and saying, “That’s some cheap sh*t.” A few seconds later, he started vibing to the DJ’s music. Another video that has made Drake into a meme is when he walked in at the beginning of his show. Many people made some hysterical captions for the video such as, “me walking into the living room to get food after I’ve been avoiding my visiting family for 3 hours.”

4. Sabrina Carpenter’s Emails I Can’t Send World Tour

Although Sabrina Carpenter isn’t performing in big areas, her tour has still managed to go viral. Adding unique ad-libs in the outro of her hit song “Nonsense” is what got everyone talking about her Emails I Can’t Send Tour. By the end of “Nonsense,” she improvises new lyrics connecting it to the city she’s performing in. Once the attendees realized what Sabrina was doing, they started uploading their videos on social platforms. One of her famous outros that got to No. 1 on the trending page was the outro for Los Angeles. 

The outro went like this: “I’ve got a personality but no tits/ The song is not about Joshua Bassett/ Los Angeles your energy is big d*ck.” 

With all the amazing reviews and the buzz she received from the attendees and the media, Sabrina Carpenter was offered to open for Taylor Swift The Eras Tour Latin America.  

5. Rosalía’s Motomami World Tour

Chica, ¿qué dices? Rosalía’s Motomami World Tour came to an end on July 22 at Lollapalooza Paris. Towards the end of her tour, she gained millions of listeners. However, what truly skyrocketed her tour into trending was the intro of her song “BIZCOCHITO.” She would begin her performance with a facial expression that was full of attitude while acting as if she was chewing gum. She would also put her right hand on her waist and look around at the crowd in a very sassy way. Once people started noticing Rosalía doing this at every show, many decided to recreate the look and create memes with funny captions. 

Rosalía then got recognized for the breathtaking videography, choreography, and implementation of the beauty of her passion for motorcycling as her theme. Many were stunned by her show’s creative video direction. There were moments when the camera would use the fish eye lens, an iphone camera, and have insane camera transitions from one song to another. Due to her Motomami Tour, people started calling themselves a motomami or a motopapi. 

Kayla Rodriguez

UC Berkeley '25

Kayla is a junior at the University of California, Berkeley, majoring in Film and Media Studies and interested in minoring in Journalism. She is part of the writing and design teams for Her Campus Berkeley. Kayla has experience in graphic designing, video editing, and anything within media. She enjoys writing about sports, entertainment, and music. She works at UC Berkeley's Career Engagement for digital marketing and communications. After graduating, she hopes to enter the journalism, broadcasting, and/or digital marketing industry but has found that she loves following her curiosities in all areas of film and media. She enjoys listening and discovering new music, watching any sport games, going to concerts/music festivals, and going to the gym. She enjoys speaking Spanish and Catalan.