This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

WARNING: SPOILERS 

Whenever I need a good laugh, Friends is always my favourite show to put on. During midterm season, my need for a little cheering up becomes as necessary as food and water. Because the episodes are only twenty minutes each, Friends is the perfect show to put on between study sessions. In order to make choosing which episode to watch a lot easier, I compiled a list of the top ten epsiodes that always make me laugh: 

1. “The One with the Football” (season 3, episode 9) 

Monica and Ross relive old sibling rivalry by versing each other in a Thanksgiving football game for the infamous Geller Cup. Favourite line: “The Netherlands is this made up place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from.” 

2. “The One with all the Resolutions” (season 5, episode 11) 

Everyone makes a New Years resolution which results in hilarious scenes including Ross in leather pants. Favourite line: “The lotion and the powder have made a paste!” 

3. “The One with Unagi” (season 6, episode 17) 

When Phoebe and Rachel decide to take a self-defense class, Ross decides that he should show them the Japanese art of “unagi” in order to stay safe. Favourite line: “I tried attacking two women – did not work.” 

4. The One with the Cop” (season 5, episode 16) 

Instead of paying for delivery, Ross enlists the help of Rachel and Chandler to help him move his new couch into his apartment. Favourite line: “Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” 

5. “The One Where Everybody Finds Out” (season 5, episode 14) 

Phoebe and Rachel plot to uncover Monica and Chandler’s secret relationship by trying to seduce Chandler into confession. Favourite line: “They don’t know that we know they know!”

6. “The One Where Ross is Fine” (season 10, episode 2) 

When Ross finds out Joey and Rachel are dating, he invites them over for an incredibly awkward dinner. Favourite line: “I’m making fajitas!” 

7. “The One with the Cat” (season 4, episode 2)

Phoebe thinks a cat is her dead mother, Joey gets locked in a homemade TV cupboard while he and Chandler are robbed, and Monica lives out her teenage fantasies by dating her old High School crush. Favourite line(s): “If I ever run into that guy again do you know what I’m gonna do?” “Bend over!?!” 

8. The One with the Routine (season 6, episode 10)  

Monica and Ross live out their childhood dream of being featured on “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” which results in the performance of “the routine”. Favourite line: “Ross we better stick to the routine; we don’t want to look stupid.”

9. “The One with Ross’ Teeth” (season 6, episode 8)

Ross goes overboard with whitening strips in order to impress a girl while Phoebe supposedly makes out with Ralph Lauren. Favourite line: “What’s the matter with me? You’ve got a black light, it’s 1999!” 

10. “The One with all the Thanksgivings” (season 5, episode 8)

Everyone reflects on their favourite Thanksgiving which brings up some uncomfortable memories for Monica and Chandler. Favourite line: “No it’s not supposed to be funny, it’s supposed to be scary.” 

I hope that you find the time to take a study break for one of these episodes, HC UBC! Sometimes laughter can be exactly what you need to power through and feel refreshed. 

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.