This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Stats

Name: Sharon Chui

Year: 4th year

Major: English Literature Major

Faculty: Arts

Hometown: Born and Raised East Side Vancouver Girl

UBC Involvement: I am currently Vice President of Chapter Development in my sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi. I am incredibly involved in Greek life, which consists of attending Greek philanthropy events, social events, and weekly sorority and committee meetings. I am also the President of the Vancouver Campus Lions Club, which is a small club on campus that emphasizes leadership and serving others.

Favourite quotes: “No matter what happens, it does no good to be afraid” –Fifth Business, Robertson Davies

“I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good.”- Roald Dahl

Favourite UBC study spot: Anywhere with big windows and good lighting

Best song to get you through exams: Does it mean anything that I am listening to Ron Pope’s “Calling off the dogs” and “Daylight” album on repeat? Definitely not motivational study music, but very, very soothing.

Guilty Pleasure: Cheesecake anything. I will legitimately load up with cheesecake bits with my Menchies.

Rainy Day Activities: Drinking soup and curling up in bed with a book or spending time catching up over dinner and lunch with friends!

Love

Best place for a date at UBC: As simple as this seems, probably just sitting outside on one of the grass fields on Main Mall and chatting away about everything and anything all at once. Oh yes, with food as well.  (Only when there is sunshine though, haha.)

Most important quality a partner should have: Passion- Passions for who they are, what they care for and enjoy, and mostly for their relationship.

Celebrity Crush: Not a big celebrity, but YouTuber Chester See. Because he can sing and make my heart melt, has a sense of humour, and is quite pleasing to the eye. Chester See, God Damn you’re beautiful. If you get it, props to youJ

Emma is an English Honours student at UBC majoring in English Literature. She enjoys books, tea, travelling, and horses.