Faiza Sewani ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Stats

Name: Faiza Sewani

Major: Political Science

Year: 3

Relationship status: My lips are sealed!

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

The Basics:

1. What are you involved in on campus? A truly wonderful sorority – Alpha Delta Pi!

2. Dream job? Lawyer

3. Favorite film: Sixteen Candles

4. Favorite book: “The Great Gatsby”

5. Favorite spot on campus: The new fountain on Main Mall

6. Your 2013 summer song: Anything on Kaskade’s “Atmosphere” album. And of course, Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky”!

Guys, guys, guys!

1. UBC Faculty with the cutest guys? UBC is filled with many of them! But if I had to choose, I’d have to say Sauder.

2. Most attractive quality in a man: The ability to hold an interesting conversation for more than five minutes. And a man who can cook!

3. Biggest turn off: Being unclean and messy!

4. Celebrity crush: Adam Brody (especially as Seth Cohen!)

Fun facts:

1. Favorite makeup brand/product?

– The NAKED line at Sephora as well as anything from Origins. Good for your skin is always better!

2. Guilty pleasures?

– Anything red velvet, and definitely buying every statement necklace I see.

3. Most recent shopping splurge?

– End of the summer shopping spree! Way too many summer pieces bought, so little time to wear them all. 

4. Dream city to live in and why:

– Los Angeles. It’s my hometown, and after all the traveling I’ve done I have yet to find a city with the relaxed, beach style living and city-life all in one. The versatility, countless things to do and see, as well as liveliness you feel waking up every single day is incomparable to any other city I know!

Zafira is a fourth-year English Literature Major at the University of British Columbia and is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UBC. She grew up in sunny Kenya and now lives amongst the beaches and mountains that is beautiful British Columbia. She is thrilled to introduce Her Campus at UBC and build towards its strength in Canada! When she's not reading a book, she is usually wrestling with her hair and her umbrella under the constant torrents of rain in Vancouver, or can be seen with a yoga mat tucked under her arm, as Vancouverites do.