This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

All college students know that any streaming service is a necessity to have. When you have those boring long Friday or Saturday nights you turn to the love of your life: Netflix. When it comes to finding a show on Netflix most likely your thought is to find a show to binge watch to pass the time. So, when your popcorn is all heated up and you grab yourself a drink, here is a list of the top ten shows to binge watch.

10. Marvel’s Jessica Jones

Seasons: 1 and counting

Jessica Jones, played by Krysten Ritter, is an ex-superhero turned private detective due to a horrific incident that happened to her in the past. Jones must deal with the hauntings of her past all while struggling with her job, love and friendship. Jessica Jones is filled with intense drama and puts a new twist on the already popular superhero genre.

9. Making A Murderer

Seasons: 1

Making A Murderer is about a man name Steven Avery, a Wisconsin native who runs an auto salvage yard with his family. In September of 2003, Avery is released from jail after 18 years for a crime he never committed. Two years later, Steven Avery is again arrested for the murder of a young photographer. The documentary is filmed over the course of 10 years and follows Steven Avery’s case. The twist and turns in this documentary will leave you speechless and have you questioning did he do it, or is he being framed.

8.  The 100

Season 2 and counting

The 100 is set 97 years after a nuclear war wiped out almost the entire Earth’s population. The only known survivors are those who now reside on a single earth space station in the Earth’s orbit. After the space station begins to run out of oxygen because of overpopulation, one hundred juvenile prisoners must be sent down to Earth. The 100 soon discovered the Earth is still habitable, but come to find out they are not alone.

7. Supernatural

Seasons: 10 and counting

After the mysterious death of their mother and disappearance of their father, Sam and Dean Winchester must come together to hunt demons, ghost and other supernatural beings that come to harm the earth.

6. Broadchurch

Seasons 2 and counting

Broadchurch is a British crime drama that focuses on the search for the murderer of a young boy. Detective Alec Hardy and Sergeant Ellie Miller take the lead in the investigation and come to a shocking discovery of the murder of the young boy.

5. Friday Night Lights

Seasons: 5

Coach Eric Taylor must rebuild a high school football team in the small town of Dillon, Texas. The show not only deals with a struggling football team but deals with racism, teen pregnancy, abortion, drugs, love and family. This series drama will have you laughing, smiling and crying your eyes out through all five seasons.

4. Hannibal

Seasons: 3

Hannibal is a psychological-thriller, based on the novels of Thomas Harris. The series deals with the relationship between investigator Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a man who will soon become Will Graham greatest arch enemy.

3.  The Walking Dead

Seasons: 5 and counting

Sheriff Rick Grimes, who awakens from a coma, comes to find himself amongst a post-apocalyptic world that has been taken over by zombies. Rick Grimes begins to journey through Atlanta, Georgia to find his wife and son all while meeting some interesting people along the way.

2. Daredevil

Seasons: 1 and counting

After an accident that caused him to go blind, Matt Murdock uses his heightened senses caused by the accident to become a crime fighter named Daredevil. Murdock must struggle to get his secret identity from the one’s he loves and help keep the streets of New York safe.

1. Breaking Bad

Seasons: 5

When chemistry teacher, Walter White, is diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer and given only two years to live, Walter White must insure his family is secure financially in the future. Walter White also befriends a drug addict, Jesse Pickman, with the two embarking on a life of crime and producing and selling crystallized meth. Breaking Bad is considered the best show ever made on TV making it a must watch on Netflix.

Jessica.Virgo.Dog Lover. Struggling College Student
HCUAB