books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

The Middle of the Semester Pep Talk That We All Need to Hear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Dear College Student,

I know your spring break was amazing. I know you forgot what homework is. I know the idea of school seems less and less appealing the farther you go… but remember the hopefulness you had when you thought about your college experience back in high school. I know, it seems like a decade ago, but believe it or not, you are still that same person. You are the girl that wanted to be a doctor. You are the boy that wanted to be a teacher. You had a plan for your life and were excited about everything getting a degree had to offer. You know your degree is worth it, but sometimes it’s easy to forget amongst everything else you have going on. Work, friends, family, volunteering, internships, clubs… It all becomes too much sometimes. During these times of stress and exhaustion, it’s important to make sure that school comes first. Just think, April is on the horizon and there are only a couple of weeks left. I know that thought is both relieving and terrifying at the same time, but let that be your motivation to keep pushing for just a couple more weeks. When you look back, you won’t remember the sleepless nights, you’ll remember the A you made in that class or just the fact that you passed! You are capable of so much more than you think you are! You can do this!

Sincerely,

Yourself

5 Facts About Me: My personal motto is "Que sera, sera". I try to defend the silver lining at all costs. I love my mom and my sorority. I am fashion-obsessed with a slight online shopping addiction. I am currently surviving on chocolate and coffee. Follow me @samramic and @college.catwalk
HCUAB