Meet Kate Morrell!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Major: Public Relations 

Year: Junior 

Kate is the one on the right-hand side of the image.

HC: Why did you come to UAB?

KM: I came to UAB because i was recruited to play volleyball and it is a great school 

Its so much different then the midwest one major difference is the diversity and the accents 

HC: What do you do for fun?

KM: Volleyball takes up a lot of my time, but i like to paint and do crafty things, i also like to write

HC: What position are you?

KM: I am an outside hitter 

HC: What are the best and worst parts of being an athlete?

KM: The best part of being an athlete is being apart of a team, having people holding you accountable and that depend on you. The worst thing about being an athlete is when it’s over, I have been doing it for so long I don’t know what i will do with myself 

HC: How do you balance school with athletics?

KM: How i balance school and volleyball is making sure I set out enough time in the week to complete my school work in advance that way I don’t have to worry about it when I have matches. 

HC: What’s the biggest misconception about gingers/redheads?

KM: The biggest misconception about Redheads / we have no souls / sure there are some that don’t have souls but for the most part we are all pretty sweet!!

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.