Meet This Charming Poodle, Raven Madison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Name: Raven Madison

Age: 21

Major: English major, Psychology minor

Classificaion: Junior

Hometown: Birmingham, AL

What brought you to UAB?

I originally came to UAB becaus, like everyone else, I had dreams of becoming a doctor, and what better school to attend than UAB? I soon realize that going into the medical field was not for me and decided to explore other fields of study.

What do you want to do with your degree after you graduate?

After I graduate with my Bachelors degree in English, I plan on attending graduate school to obtain a Masters in Education and then go on to become teacher. I believe that education is very important, especially to the upcoming generations and I am dedicated to helping our youth reach their full potential.

What are some activities or groups you’re involved in on campus?

On campus, I am heavily involved in a couple of organizations. I am a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated where I serve as the financial secretary as well as the historian for the chapter. I am also a member of Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity where I have previously served as the secretary for the chapter. 

What do you like to do in your spare time?In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, boyfriend, and sorority sisters. I am also heavily involved in community service and jump at the chance to serve my community and chance I can. When I am not doing any of the previously listed things, I also enjoy lounging in my room listening to music and  catching up on there latest shows in Netflix.

What does the year 2016 mean for you?For me, the year of 2016 means an open door of opportunities. I hope to build upon my relationships with my peers as well as develop new ones with people of different backgrounds. I am also looking forward to a successful academic year at UAB and the chances to broaden my view of the world through different experiences.

A work in progress.
HCUAB