photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Heads Up Ladies, SleepoverLIVE Is Near!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

“Ladies leave your man at home…”

Okay, you don’t have to, but still. The city’s best girl’s night out, SleepoverLIVE is happening this Saturday, Nov. 10 and you don’t want to miss it. 

SleepoverLIVE is a music show compiled of an all-female lineup of “DJanes” spinning the best of underground dance, hip-hop, rap, r & b, and rave music. This year, the festivities will take place at Rogue Tavern located in downtown Birmingham and party-goers are in for a more than just a show! SleepoverLIVE will also have a balloon decorator, a treat table, and for the first time, an interactive art exhibit featuring a live model. 

UAB and 95.7 JAMZ radio alum, Bree Redd, will be emceeing the event. She’ll be guiding everyone as they transition through the night. Sleepover LIVE is featuring three dope “DJanes” who each have their own vibe. You can expect to hear everything from The Cheetah Girls bop that you somehow still know the words to, to your more mature boss chick anthems manifested by female MCs like Kash Doll, Nicki Minaj, Bangg3 and Rico Nasty. 

You’re definitely in for a treat at SleepoverLIVE this weekend, so grab your BFF and get ready for a night to remember! 

Check out the SleepoverLIVE 2018 Facebook event page to purchase tickets and find more information about the night! 

So who’s behind this girl boss creation?

Rivka, a graduate from UAB’s Collat School of Business, is the founder of Sleepover Media. This media brand focuses on showcasing female talent through original content creation and for-women-by-women music events like SleepoverLIVE. The brand mainly focuses on online content creation through the form of open casting calls for editorial campaigns. 

The Sleepover Media team puts together themed campaigns featuring women of Birmingham! Casting calls are open to women of all colors and body types because Sleepover believes that any girl can be a CoverGirl! This summer they released their “I Need A Spice Girl” campaign serving lots of 90’s pop culture looks.

You can find their most recent content on Instagram.

Be sure to check out their social media pages so that you’re always in the loop! 

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.