This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Turkey: One of the main dishes for Thanksgiving. This dish allows a large size of people to eat as much as possible.

Cornbread: Cornbread is honestly the best of the breads. Corn bread has a complementary balance between savory and sweet. 

Mac and Cheese: Baked Mac and Cheese like your grandma use to make! That’s it. That’s the side dish. Right there.

Mashed Potatoes: You can load them with garlic, or infuse them with rosemary. You can even make a river boat with gravy. But mash potatoes compliments the turkey really well. Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows: How can  you go wrong with a sweet, fluffy bed of marshmallows placed on top of potatoes that just melt your taste buds. Such a comforting thought.

Ham: Such a flavorful dish, very tasteful but requires slight work, so I wouldn’t recommend for a first timers dish. Simply rub with brown sugar or bathe it in cola you can even add pineapples. ‘Ham’ is as undervalued as its first cousin ‘bacon’ is overrated.

Pie: ohhh there is: pecan pie, pumpkin  pie, key lime pie, apple pie, black berry pie chocolate pie, blueberry pie, lemon meringue pie, sweet potatoe pie, cherry pie, chess pie, strawberry pie, peach pie, apple crisp pie, cream pie, even cheese cake. As you can see pies, are an excellent side dish that can be complimented easily with ice cream if want to add some razzle dazzle to your dish.