This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Valentine’s Day is less than a week away. You’re probably planning with your boyfriend on significant other on what you’re going to do. Should we go here? Should we go there? What’s to do in Birmingham for couples? While Birmingham may seem like a small city compared to Atlanta and Nashville, there’s still plenty of fun and interesting things to do here for couples. Check out our #1 Guide for Date Nights in Birmingham!

Restaurants

If bae is trying to go all out this year, head over to the restaurant that’s considered to be the best restaurant in Birmingham by TripAdvisor, Highlands Bar and Grill. This white-table romantic restaurant is sure to start your date off right. Highlands Bar and Grill is known for their exquisite food and their great atmosphere. The perfect romantic dinner just in time for Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion you and your boo might be celebrating. But just in case you guys aren’t trying to break the bank, TripAdvisor also recommends The Silvertron Café. Just 10 minutes from campus this restaurant offers an American style café atmosphere. It’s perfect for a relaxed and romantic night on the town!

Walk Down A Love Trail

Birmingham is known for it’s beautiful nature and scenery. Take a walk through the Birmingham Botantical Gardens. Talk about how far you’ve come in your relationships and how much you love your partner while walking through the beautiful rose garden. You’ll find yourself at a lost of words trying to describe how romantic and wonderful this date is going. Oh, and did I mention it was free? Free romantic date! Ruffner Mountain Nature Center has 5+ hiking trails for you and your soulmate to tackle together. Nature and outdoor dates are extra fun and provide great bonding time between you and your date.

Be Adventurous Together!

Instead of going to the movies all the time, choose a date where you’re doing something fun and adventurous! Suggest going rock climbing in the campus rec. Need more space? Head over to First Avenue Rocks! This is Birmingham’s climbing gym. You and your partner have a wide range of rock climbing space to be as adventurous as your little heart’s desire. Teamwork makes the dream work! Another great spot in Birmingham is Breakout Birmingham. You’ve probably heard of it right? Well if you’ve haven’t, it’s a cool spot for groups of people 2 or more to come and try to find clues to escape a locked room all under one hour. Have fun with your boo while working together to try break out of Birmingham!

Hello Blazers! I'm Tanisha Bristow and I am a Sophomore at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in Healthcare Management. I love all things fashion and beauty. I love inspiring women all over the world and especially women at UAB.
Kryshonna is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in marketing. She is passionate about food, creating, and finding small ways to be happy. When she isn't acting as the Campus Correspondent, she can be found catching dinner with friends, wandering around Birmingham, or catching up on Youtube. She has a new found love for the color baby pink along with a number of other things including: working out, boba tea, and fuzzy things. For inspiration and fashion posts, you can follow her on Instagram @kokokrys.  Schedule Schedule