This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Now it’s no suprise that Taylor Swift has a way with words to say the least. The way she is able to describe and reflect on her life is truly something of wonder, so I’ve decided to share with you what I believe to be the best of her lyrics (in no particular order), the list is long but worth it. An added bonus is now you have an all inclusive list of some of the best instagram captions you can use for future posts. 

“My mistake I didn’t know to be in love you had to fight to have the upper hand”

White Horse | Fearless 

“I’ve found time can heal most anything. And you just might find out who you’re supposed to be. I didn’t know who I was supposed to be, at 15” 

Fifteen | Fearless

“I was a dreamer before you went and let me down” 

White Horse | Fearless 

“People are people and sometimes we change our minds, but it’s killing me to see you go after all this time” 

Breathe | Fearless 

“I took a chance, I took a shot and you might think I’m bulletproof but I’m not” 

Tell Me Why | Fearless 

“And down here from the ground I see who you are” 

Tell Me Why | Fearless 

“I’ve been giving out chances every time. And all you do is let me down”

You’re Not Sorry | Fearless

“Did I say something way too honest, made you run and hide” 

Forever and Always | Fearless 

“I know you were on my side. Even when I was wrong” 

The Best Day | Fearless 

“Fight for what we’ve worked for all these years. And the battle was lond, it’s the fight of our lives but we will stand up champions tonight” 

Change | Fearless 

“And what if I really thought some miracle would see us through? But what if the miracle was even getting one moment with you”

Ronan 

“But now we’ve stepped into a cruel world. Where everybody stands and keeps score”

Eyes Open | Hunger Games Soundtrack 

“When all those shadows almost killed your light”

Safe and Sound | Hunger Games Soundtrack 

“And I gave you my best and we both know you can’t say that you can’t say that” 

Better Man | written by Taylor Swift but sung by Little Big Town (However, Taylor did sing it as a suprise song on her Reputation Tour as well as in a documentry about Blue Bird Cafe. Both audios are on youtube) 

“It’s hard to fight when the fight ain’t fair” 

Change | Fearless 

“Yesterday I found out about you. Even now just looking at you feels wrong” 

Babe | Written by Taylor and sung by Sugarland ft Taylor on their album Bigger (Taylor also performed this as a suprise song on her Reputation tour, once solo and once with suprise guest Sugarland, she also appears in the songs music video) 

“We are alone with our changing minds. We fall in love ’till it hurts or bleeds or fades in time” 

State of Grace | Red

“This is a state of grace. This is a worthwhile fight. Love is a ruthless game, unless you play it good and right.” 

State of Grace | Red

“Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street Faster than the wind, passionate as sin ending so suddenly”

Red | Red 

“Loving him is like trying to change your mind once you’re already flying through the free fall Like the colors in autumn, so bright just before they lose it all” 

Red | Red

“Remembering him comes in flashbacks and echoes. Tell myself it’s time now, gotta let go.” 

Red | Red (I’m not sure if you’re noticing a pattern, but clearly Red was snubbed at the grammys. I mean LOOK at these lyrics.)

“I can’t decide if it’s a choice. Getting swept away.”

Treacherous | Red

“And all we are is skin and bone. Trained to get along. Forever going with the flow, But you’re friction.” 

Treacherous | Red 

“Maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much, And maybe this thing was a masterpiece ’til you tore it all up.” 

All too well | Red (Just want to give a shoutout to the girl at the secret event in Chicago who went all out singing this song and made Taylor laugh. It was truly iconic.) 

“Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise. So casually cruel in the name of being honest.” 

All too well | Red 

Immunology Major. Women's Rights Enthusiast. Proud Muslim. I love travelling, Taylor Swift, and getting questioned about whether or not I have hair "under my hat thing."
HCUAB