This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Alabama weather can be pretty difficult to navigate. Already this winter, there have been days where it has felt like spring and other’s where it’s been too cold to leave the comfort of my warm bed. On the days where it has actually felt like winter, I’ve had to put away my t-shirts and pull out my winter clothes. Most days I don’t really know what to wear; however, after many days of being chilled to the bone due to inadequate winter clothing, I have compiled a list of my favorite winter outfits that will protect you from the cold temperature and harsh winds.

1. Jean Jacket + Black Jeans

This is one of my go-to looks simply because it’s easy and warm. I wear my black jeans (which, for me, is a winter staple), a cute sweater, and my jean jacket. I pair these things with some cute black or brown booties. If I’m going out with friends, I will wear my black wide brim hat for that extra hip vibe. One of the things I love about my jean jacket is that it has a removable Sherpa liner for extra warmth on the days when it’s just too cold to function.

2. Army Green Jacket + Jeans + Booties

This outfit is versatile and is great for everything from going to class or date night. One of my favorite things about the army jacket is that it’s feminine with a bit of a tough edge. Another way I usually wear this outfit is with black pants and black booties.

3. Leather Jacket + Jeans

This outfit is probably my favorite because I love leather jackets! I love that with the simple addition of a leather jacket an outfit can be transformed from cute and homely to feminine and fierce. Another great thing about leather jackets is that they are incredibly warm. I like to pair my leather jacket with a striped sweater and black jeans (shocker!); however, you can literally wear anything with a leather jacket and pull off the effortless, cool girl vibe.

4. Joggers

Joggers are pretty amazing actually because depending on your mood you could dress them up or down. I usually wear joggers when I want to be comfy but still cute. Typically, I wear my joggers with tennis shoes or converse, a t-shirt, and a leather jacket. For me, this is pretty dressed down; however, I understand that many people would consider this dressing up. Another great option is a t-shirt, hoodie, and tennis shoes. Both of these options will keep you comfortable and warm!

5. Leggings

Leggings are super easy and comfortable and look good with everything! The outfit on the left is perfect for going to class or running errands while the outfit on the right is great for dressier occasions such as going to dinner or going out with friends. Whichever one is more your style, both will keep you warm and stylish whenever you decide to venture outside of your warm room.

HCUAB