This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

I think at this point of quarantine, the cabin fever is hitting us all hard. You might have had travel plans canceled like me. I was supposed to go on a study abroad to England and Italy, and while I realize there are a lot bigger issues to worry about, I can’t deny that I am pretty bummed about it. I decided to get my travel fix in another way — through movies! It’s a far cry from the real thing, but it’s nice to daydream. Here are some movies to satisfy your adventurous spirit:

Leio Mclaren Leiomclaren
Leio McLaren (@leiomclaren) / Unsplash

1. Call Me By Your Name

I basically wrote this article for this specific movie. I watched it the other day with my roommates, and it was just what I needed. This movie feels like something out of a dream. The scenery and music are absolutely gorgeous. And who wouldn’t want to fall in love in Northern Italy? 

2. Mamma Mia 1 & 2

Mamma Mia is the classic feel-good movie. The songs, the Greecian setting, the mother-daughter relationship. Everything about these movies puts a smile on my face. 

3. Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love is the essential drop-everything-and-travel-the-world movie. I know we’ve all dreamed of doing exactly what the main character does. She travels to Italy, India, and Indonesia in this movie.

4. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I can’t tell you how many times I watched this movie just for Lena’s part in Greece. The love story between her and Kostos was my childhood dream and not much is changed. It put Greece at one of the top on my list of places I want to travel to. 

5. Midnight in Paris

The Paris in this movie is the one of my daydreams. The main character travels back in time to Paris in the 1920s, which is pretty much everything I could want in a movie. 

Kellyn Simpkin-Girl In Front Of Eiffel Tower France Hat Paris
Kellyn Simpkin / Her Campus

Elizabeth Mertz

U Wyoming '21

Liz is a junior at the University of Wyoming studying English Education. She's a book enthusiast, Spotify playlist creator, and movie buff. Her life goals include traveling as much as she can afford to and being an awesome teacher.
I am the current co-correspondent of the University of Wyoming! I spend my time reading lots of historical information, cooking, going out with my friends, and eating ice cream. I am a history major and my plans are to attend grad school to be a public librarian!