toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Awesome Halloween Episodes to Watch this Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

We all have our favorite holiday episodes from various tv shows. Here are a few of my personal favorites!

“The One With The Halloween Party”, Friends

Chandler is in a pink bunny outfit, do I have to say more? Surprisingly the only Halloween episode of the series, “The One With The Halloween Party” is one of the most visually hilarious episodes of the show. Is there any other episode of any show ever where you can watch a man dressed as a potato and a man dressed as a bunny arm wrestle?  Also Joey is dressed as Chandler, and Phoebe is trying not to hit on her sister’s fiance played by the always entertaining Sean Penn.

“Halloween”, The Office

How could I not mention the episode where Michael decides to keep Creed in the office? “Halloween” is a classic episode of The Office, maybe not a huge fan favorite but it just has the feel of a classic episode of this great series. It really hits that office atmospheric sweet spot that only early episodes of the series had. Jim and Pam are young and unknowingly meant for eachother, Michael becomes stagnant once he is asked to fire somebody, and Dwight is dressed as a Sith lord. What better way to celebrate a holiday than spending sometime at the office.

“Meet N Greet”, Parks and Recreation

Parks and Recreation has had a couple Halloween episodes, but in my opinion “Meet N Greet” is simply the best. It has a lot to offer dealing with numerous relationships. The episode focuses on the friendships between Leslie and Tom, Andy and Ben, and even a small subplot about the friendship between Ron and Ann. It is also just a widely entertaining episode of Parks and Rec. The icing on the cake, we get to see Chris naughty dance with Jerry’s daughter while Jerry watches. Poor Jerry.

“The Slutty Pumpkin Returns”, How I Met Your Mother

The only sequel episode on this list, “The Slutty Pumpkin Returns” is a great follow up to the season one episode “The Slutty Pumpkin.” What makes this episode superior to its predecessor is Barney and Robin’s outrageous conflict. After Barney finds out he’s part Canadian he can’t help but flaunt his American roots in front her, and on the other side Robin can’t help but rub his new found heritage in his face. This sub-plot along with some sweet moments between Marshall and Lily makes this an episode worth watching every Halloween.

“Mr. Peanutbutter’s Boos”, BoJack Horseman

In this episode from the most recent season of BoJack Horseman, we dive into the history of Mr. Peanutbutter and all his past serious relationships. In true BoJack fashion this episode is structured in a unique way covering four different Halloween parties each taking place in four different years. We get to learn a lot about Mr. Peanutbutter and how he treats his relationships, and the similar choices he makes that eventually end these relationships. We also get to look into the history of other favorite characters as well such as BoJack, Princess Caroline, Todd, and more.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Name: Nicholas Anderson DOB: 12/25/1996 School: University of Wyoming Major: Communications Fun Fact: "My friends say my spirit animal is the Golden Retriever"
Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016