etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Things You’ll Understand If You’re the Messy Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

We all have that friend who we question how they find anything in their life. They show up late consistently, always forget something, and has a desk that looks like files vomited paperwork all over it. I’ll be the first to say, I am this friend. Being on time for anything that isn’t work or school tends to be a challenge. I can’t remember the last time I could see all of my desk. And my car would definitely benefit from a little TLC just to get rid of the random boxes that live in the back seat. Some of you may even identify with items on this list because you are the messy friend.

1. You do laundry, but that doesn’t always mean your laundry gets put away. As long as you can find your good jeans really fast, does it really matter that the laundry lives in the laundry basket until it’s dirty again?

2. Dishes don’t always get done immediately after use. Sometimes the pile just accumulates, and it’s okay because it’s not like you need a spatula every day…

3. The messy bun is not just a hairstyle, it’s a lifestyle. Who really has time to spend that much time on hair when you’re already running late?

4. An organized desk with everything in its place sounds nice, but not really feasible. Papers are organized into piles of important, kind of important, and I think I wrote this paper last semester. Coffee rings provide a nice look along with a stray coffee cup or two…

5. If I like it, I put a ring on it. A coffee ring, that is. Papers, furniture, sinks, books, literally anything that I can put my coffee mug on, I do.

6. At the end of the day, you acknowledge the fact that you’re a mess. In fact, you embrace your messiness and make it work for you. Even if other people don’t appreciate it, at least they’ll know pretty quick.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Emily Cornell

U Wyoming '17

Emily is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a Bachelor's in Business Management and Master's in Communication. In terms of career, Emily interned for Wyoming Athletics, and wants to eventually work in sports marketing. When not working or in class, she can typically be found baking cheesecakes, drinking coffee, or having random adventures. If the idea of these three things seem exciting, you can follow her on Instagram or Twitter, username: emilproblems. 
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.