10 Shows You Should be Binge Watching on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Even though classes are in full swing, we all need a study break. Thankfully, I spent a ton of time on Netflix this summer while recovering from surgery, so I know some TV shows that you should be binge watching, if you haven’t already. You’re welcome.

How to Get Away with Murder

Okay, Shonda Rhimes is probably the baddest bitch in the producing world. This show is another one of hers and it kicks ass. If you’re looking for a thriller and crime series, start this ASAP.

Gossip Girl

Though I can’t believe anyone hasn’t seen this, I want to include it because it’s timeless. Hot guys, crazy drama and high fashion is all this show consists of and I’m not even mad. If you’ve already watched it, watch it again. It will never, ever get old.

White Collar

Once again, crime shows are always fun to binge watch because they’re so full of action and suspense. When an FBI agent takes in a hot criminal as an informant, how can you pass it up? It’s such a fun show with cliffhangers at the end of every episode, making it perfect for a day spent in bed.

Young & Hungry

Honestly this show is the perfect 2000s reunion: Emily Osment, Jesse McCartney and Ashley Tisdale?! Yes please! Not to mention it’s hilarious. You just can’t lose here.

Scandal

Once again, SHONDA RHIMES. She kills it, I’m telling you. Watch this if you are interested in politics. Even if you’re not, everyone loves a good scandal, right? What would a show be without it?

Pretty Little Liars

It’s another one of those popular shows that majority of you may have seen but if you haven’t, prepare to lose all free time. This show is addicting and even though you want to hate it, you’ll still watch it because you NEED to know who this crazy bitch A is.

New Girl

Three words: pure comedy gold. I quote this show way too much in my daily life and it’s honestly so awesome. Enjoy lots of laughter and a little envy because this show will make you want a Schmidt, Winston and Nick in your life.

Baby Daddy

This is another comedy that will make you laugh out loud and you won’t even be ashamed. The episodes are super short too. It’s every binge-watchers dream come true. The characters’ lives are a shit show, so it’s the perfect way to de-stress because you’re probably not as much of a mess as they are.

The Vampire Diaries

It’s a guilty pleasure that I can’t deny. This show is so perfect in every way and I’m never into supernatural things. That says something. It combines romance with vampires and it’s so sick. I dare you to watch it and see how long it takes for you to wish you were Elena Gilbert. (It won’t take long.)

Stranger Things

Believe the hype. This show is awesome and if you refuse to watch it, you’re lame.

Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.
Sarah Ott

U Wyoming

Sara is a senior Marketing major at the University of Wyoming. She is a Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent of Wyoming's Her Campus chapter, along with President of the Student Alumni Association, and Director of Marketing for ASUW Student Government. When she's not having mental breakdowns from stress, she enjoys cuddling with her roommate's cat and hiding under a mound of blankets. All she really wants is to live somewhere where it's warm year round and to not be berated for her massive tea consumption. To check out her ridiculous and crazy life, check out her Instagram, username: twigott