This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Everyone loves summer and I suppose it’s fair, who doesn’t enjoy some vacation time and sitting on the beach? Me, that’s who. I have never been a summer person; the heat makes me uncomfortable, I don’t like the beach very much, and honestly camping is the worst. I spend every year waiting patiently for the best season to come around —, yes, I am talking about winter. I know it’s controversial, but before you come at me, let me explain why. 

Fashion

I’m talking jackets on jackets on jackets. It’s layering season and it’s always fun to play with all the accessories. Scarves, gloves, warm socks and beanies all become a part of our wardrobes as it gets colder. Not to mention the colour pallette that comes into play; I could wear black and maroon forever. 

Food

Oh, man. Winter means soup and soup means a happy me. Let’s be honest you can’t enjoy a bowl of chicken noodle in the summer the way you can in the winter. As well as turkey, chilli, toasted cheese and basically all comfort food. When do people bake? That’s right, winter.

Rainy days in

Drag me if you must, but a good rainy day is one of my favourite things in the world. They are the perfect time to catch up on work and relax. Not to mention the coziness of curling up in a blanket that just cannot be topped. 

Holidays 

No one can deny that winter beats out all other seasons when it comes to holidays: Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, and New Years is basically a part of it.  

So what do you think? Are you converted over to the winter side? 

Lucy Seitz

U Vic '21

I'm a third year Psychology student at UVic but am from Washington State born and raised. I love reading, nerdy TV shows (Game of Thrones and the like), and going on adventures. I got involved with Her Campus to write articles that I care about and to be a part of the community. You can find me at your local coffee shop feeding my addiction or online making a sarcastic remark.
Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.