Top 5 Fall Teas From David’s Tea

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

It’s that time of year where the leaves are crisp under your feet, the pumpkin syrups are out, and the days are cold. As in, they’re hide-under-the-blankets-all-day-with-a-hot-drink cold. Luckily, DavidsTea is constantly pouring out new autumn teas and each one is just as splendiferous as the one before it. Here are my top five teas of the season (for now, anyway).

Organic Cold 911

Not fall-themed exactly, but nonetheless perfect for the season. It may be pumpkin season, but it’s also cold season. If you’ve come down with a nasty case of the sniffles, this tea is a must. The eucalyptus in the tea soothes your throat while the peppermint will help clear your sinuses, if only for a little while. Plus, it’s not caffeinated, making it the perfect drink before catching some much-needed sleep.

Spiced Apple

While fall is renowned as being pumpkin season, it’s also apple spice season. With ingredients like cinnamon, figs, and cardamom, this tea delivers exactly what it promises. Aside from all the spices, the apple in this tea is wonderfully apple-y and balances the spices marvelously. An all-around delightful tea, I strongly recommended it for when rainy days are giving you the chills

Pumpkin Chai

This list wouldn’t be complete without at least one pumpkin-flavored tea. Both a classic and a fan-favorite (and a personal favorite), pumpkin chai is a perfect take on the popular fall drink. Filled with cinnamon, cloves and pumpkin candies, this tea is both sweet and warm. As a bonus, you can make it into a delightful pumpkin chai latte. While it’s wonderful at any time of the day, pumpkin chai is also lightly caffeinated, making it a lovely pick-me-up in the morning – or it can give you a little extra push to finish that essay in the evening.

Pumpkin Cheesecake

DavidsTea’s love of pumpkin knows no bounds. Unlike pumpkin chai, this rooibos tea has no caffeine, making it wonderful and  relaxing to drink before turning in for the night. Filled with pumpkin, maple sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon, this tea is wonderfully warm even on the coldest fall day. Bonus: it makes your room smell like fall spices and happiness.

Carrot Cupcake

The first thing that comes to mind when someone says “carrot cupcake” is a small carrot cake with an icing carrot on top (or maybe that’s just me). However, this is another pleasant spiced tea with ingredients like apple, carrot, cinnamon and cocoa. Sweet and cozy, this tea is ideal for evenings spent snuggled in a warm blanket. Or for just about any time, really.

If it’s a cold fall day (or any fall day), try one (or all!) of these wonderful, warm autumn teas.

Photo Sources 1/2/3/4

Ria Boldt

U Vic '20

Ria is a slightly confused fourth year at the University of Victoria, with a major in tea drinking and a minor in freelance superhero-ing. When not busy she can usually be found reading, eating, or re-watching all of the Star Wars movies.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison