This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

I love reality TV, it’s the most entertaining stuff on air by far. I know a lot of people judge reality TV and think that it’s just trash, but they are missing out on some quality moments of drama and fun. Listen, the real world is too depressing; I need a little ridiculousness to make me feel better. But I am not a fan of the huge mainstream shows like the Kardashians or The Bachelor, I enjoy more niche shows that offer a more realistic view of the world. Here is my go-to list of reality TV shows that are absolutely wild.

90 Day Fiancé

All about international romance, these couples have 90 days to wed before one of them has to leave the USA. Most of the couples have met online or while on vacation, so they don’t have a lot of time together before tying the knot. Things get pretty crazy with dramatic fights and some people keying each other’s cars.

Dance Moms

Dance Moms was a cultural phenomenon that followed the elite dancers of the Abby Lee Dance Company. The girls and moms fight constantly, all wanting to be the number one dancer and I live for it. Many of the original girls have moved on to become famous in their own right.

Back with the Ex

The title of this Australian show really summarizes its premise… A couple of exes meet up again and try to see if they could get back together. They move in together and go on a romantic trip, but the past does not stay in the past. 

Love is Blind

I am obsessed with this gem of a show about singles dating each other without ever seeing them. They talk in these pods so that they can grow an emotional bond before it gets physical and man, oh, man it gets wild. People fall for each other fast. Some of it is cute, the rest is just cringe. 

Love Island

Ok, this one is pretty mainstream but it deserves a shoutout. Essentially, a bunch of singles spend their summer together in a villa and chaos ensues. There are always new people coming into the house and messing with the established couples.  If you don’t get picked during the weekly recoupling, you’re out.

Lucy Seitz

U Vic '21

I'm a third year Psychology student at UVic but am from Washington State born and raised. I love reading, nerdy TV shows (Game of Thrones and the like), and going on adventures. I got involved with Her Campus to write articles that I care about and to be a part of the community. You can find me at your local coffee shop feeding my addiction or online making a sarcastic remark.
Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.