This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

On Saturday, January 20, 2018, the second Women’s March took place in many places around the world, including the U.S.A., Canada, South America, Europe, and even Antarctica! Both men and women channelled their anger through chants and posters in an effort to inspire much needed social change. Here is a compilation of the five posters that I enjoyed the most and feel are the most relevant to the feminist conversation of today.

1. One that portrays intersectionality

If you are not sure what intersectionality means, I recommend reading this concise definition.

2. One that calls for reproductive rights

3. A response to Trump’s administration

4. A reminder of the political power we have, and of our duty to vote.

5. A wake up call to not let history repeat itself

Did you get to attend the march? Check out UVic’s quick video on the march in Victoria for a recap!

Sources: 1/2/3/4/5

Psychology & Business student. Currently broadening my knowledge on investments, insurance, & education. Aspiring CFA.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison