Pizza Grass Laying Down Festival
Pizza Grass Laying Down Festival
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Must-Watch Female Artists in Rifflandia 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

The biggest music festival in Victoria is only days away! After a few years of hiatus, Rifflandia is back and better than ever! Of course, Lorde and Charlie XCX are a must-see, however, Rifflandia has some great growing artists that should also be on your radar when planning your day.

The Park

Pussy Riot

Originally formed in 2011 in Moscow, this bad-ass group has been advocating for feminism and LGBT rights, which has landed them in legal trouble with the Russian government. Be sure to bring your voice to shout along when you see them on the Rifftop Stage Friday at 5:30 pm! 

EDIT 2:00 pm September 16: Unfortunately Pussy Riot has to cancel their performance, however they are still a great group to check out! 

Ruby Waters 

Fans of Peach Pit or Charlotte Cardin (who both performed in Victoria earlier this summer) will be fans of Ruby Water’s flowy lyrics and composition. Catch her on the Main Stage Saturday at 3:00 pm! 

JESSIA

Jessia has strong ties to the Pacific Northwest, being born on the island and raised in Vancouver. With her hit song “I’m Not Pretty” taking over TikTok in 2021, you’ll need to check out her other songs performed live. Catch her on the main stage on Sunday at 3:05 pm.

Electric Avenue

Lex Leosis 

Known for her strong stage presence, Lex Leosis performs powerful lyrics with addicting beats. Catch her on the Phillips Main Stage on Friday at 9:00 pm.

Brittany Lyseng

A break from the music, Brittany Lyseng will get you laughing instead. A Canadian at heart, this Calgarian started off in the trades before pursuing comedy. Now, she has been featured on programs from CTV and CBC as well as on tour! Catch her on the Lafflandia stage Friday at 9:00 pm and 10:45 pm. 

Whipped Cream

Raised right here on Vancouver Island, Caroline Cecil – also known as Whipped Cream – has been performing dance beats across the west coast. Dance your heart out when she performs on the Phillips Main Stage on Friday at 10:00 pm. 

This is by no means an exhaustive list of artists to see at Rifflandia, as there’s an endless amount of talent flowing into Victoria in the next few days! Take care of yourselves out there and have fun!

Savannah is currently in her fourth year at UVic majoring in English and Business! When not swamped with readings, she can be found exploring downtown, drinking way too many pumpkin spice cold brews, reading, and enjoying the experiences UVic has to offer.